❝ childhood blues ❞ - U. WAKATOSHI

❝ childhood blues ❞ by last note ft. gumi

i realised that i fell in love
and fell for him more and more

Enjoy reading!

---------------

It was a rumor only, some superstition, but here you were, on top of the hill near Shiratorizawa Academy, watching your first sunset. An ongoing gossip went around the campus, where, if you watch 51 sunsets, the person you like would reciprocate your feelings.

You weren't alone, around you were other girls, squealing and praying loudly that their feelings would be reciprocated by their respective crushes. Some were on their last day, some where halfway done, some were just starting like you. You cringed when a certain name was uttered by some girl, you sighed. Of course they also like him, what did you expect? You watched the sunset quietly as it slowly turned dark until the sun could no longer be seen.

Other students went down the hill once it was over, while you stayed for a while, contemplating your life decisions. You found it really silly of yourself to even try these things, but you also felt like you didn't have much to lose so you gave it a go. When you turned your heels to leave, Ushijima was there, as if waiting for you all this time.

"Ah, Wakatoshi!" You beamed, ignoring your racing heart, "You really came, huh? I was only joking when i said you should come pick me up, geez!" You laughed, giving a light, playful punch on his chest, though he seemed confused with your action, thus he didn't react.

"And you really did the superstition, [YF/N]," You pouted at him, "I don't think it's possible for that to happen just because you watched the sunset for 51 days."

"I'll never know until I try, y'know!" You crossed your arms to your chest, "And I heard other girls wish that you'd like them back."

"How can I reciprocate their feelings if I don't know them?" You laughed at him, slapping his arm playfully this time. It made you feel like you had the upperhand among all those other girls.

"Someone's gonna confess to you soon, by the way! Someone from Class 2-3, I think." You said, though quite unbothered by it.

"Then I would reject her." He replied nonchalantly, making you cringe a bit, "Let's go, [YF/N]. Your mother wouldn't like it if she found out you were outside at this hour." He said, then turned to take the lead and walked along, you followed suit, pouting.

"Stop always bringing up my mother, geez!"

You two weren't exactly childhood friends, though you both were neighbors. You knew each other as each other's neighbor, and you didn't interact until you went to highschool to Shiratorizawa, having attended middle school at a different school. Your mother asked of Ushijima to look out for you, and it made it easier for him considering you two were classmates since year one. Despite his blunt attitude, you two got along fine, sort of like how siblings were.

It was also recent when you developed a small crush on him. You didn't know what happened, but you just went to school like normal, and suddenly you found him cute as he yawned in the morning when he greeted you, you suddenly couldn't face him without feeling your cheeks heat up, suddenly you felt butterflies on your stomach, suddenly you wanted to be closer to him, to be with him.