❝ all alone ❞ - B. KOUTAROU

❝ all alone ❞ by day6

i wish there was someone
who would tell me, good job
and hold me

Enjoy reading!

---------------

Today was one of your rare off-days. Not because of your period, but you just felt as if the weight of the world was placed on your shoulders and you began to feel exhausted. You barely got any sleep even though you weren't doing anything, staring blankly at the nondescript ceiling. When it was slightly getting bright outside with you not getting even a nap, you knew that today was one of those days.

You still tried to function, too. You went to class like usual. You did usual routines, though you were sluggish. A lot noticed it, your classmate, Akaashi, was incredibly concerned, even a teacher noticed so you were asked to go rest in the clinic, and so you did, but not before you made sure that Akaashi shut his mouth and not tell a certain ace.

Though you spent the time staring blankly at the ceiling, waiting for sleep to force you into slumber but despite how heavy your eyes felt, you couldn't seem to bring yourself to sleep. It was only a matter of time before the bell rang, signaling that it was lunch break. You sat up on the bed and getting ready to go back to class when the door opened. You assumed that it was the nurse but not long did the curtains covering the bed produced a loud swish sound, revealing a certain worried expression of wide, golden-colored eyes, panting heavily, sweat dripping down from his forehead. Behind him was your classmate, who shot an apologetic look.

"What happened to you, [YF/N]?!" Bokuto exclaimed, settling himself next to you, cupping both your cheeks to make you look directly at him, "You seem pale than usual! Is something wrong?! Are you sick?!"

You shot a glare from the corner of your eye directed at Akaashi who only bowed and took his leave silently.

Your eyes returned to Bokuto's wide ones that felt like he was directly staring into your soul.

God, your faces were so close to each other.

"I'm fine, senpai, no worries." You mumbled, holding onto his hands and pulled them away from your face, forcing a smile, "I'm just... feeling so tired, that's all. Nothing new."

There was a small, cute pout on his lips that made you chuckle weakly.

"Have you eaten lunch yet? Want me to grab some food for you?" Bokuto stood and was about to rush outside when he obviously didn't receive a response yet, but you stopped him by holding onto his wrist.

"Stay with me for a while, senpai." And as quick as he stood up, he was seated once again, though he looked like he was against not going out to buy you lunch.

"But you need to eat, [YF/N]! You can gain more energy when you eat!" He said as energetic as usual. He looked at you in confusion as you shifted on your seat and brought your feet up the bed, then lying down on the mattress.

"Just... stay with me until I fall asleep, senpai." He gave your hand a gentle squeeze as he watched you close your eyes. He became unusually quiet and felt his grip on your hand disappear, even hearing the curtains close, you thought he was went off.

You felt the mattress sink beside you as another weight was added, even producing a soft squeak sound. You eyes shot open and you were greeted by his chest, you looked up at his face and saw his discomfort as he shifted on the bed.

"Hng—clinic beds are uncomfortable!" He complained, though using his indoor voice now.

"Wh–what are you doing?" You stuttered out, "I'll help you sleep!" He responds nonchalantly.

The gesture touched your heart so you moved slightly to give more space for him. He stopped shifting and wiggling when he was comfortable. He slid his arm under the pillow and placed his hand at the back of your head, caressing your hair smoothly.

You found yourself relaxed in his touch as he pulled you closer to his chest, letting you hear his heartbeat that always put you at ease and the smell of air salonpas lingering in him that was almost his natutal scent, nevertheless, you loved it.

You wrapped your arms around his waist in a comfortable manner. You released a long sigh, snuggling closer to his chest.

You never knew this was what you needed

"Kou-senpai..." You called, eyes closed as you were ready to drift to sleep. He hummed softly and you giggled when you felt the slight vibration on his chest, "Thank you for doing this. You can leave after I fall asleep."

"I love you lots, [YF/N]," He said, kissing the top of your head as he rested his free arm on your waist, "I'll give you all the hugs you need whenever you feel down."

"Thank you..." With that, you drifted off to a peaceful sleep. Bokuto peeked slightly and saw how you were adorably sleeping. He moved his arm carefully and texted Akaashi to wake them up before volleyball practice starts if they haven't shown up.

Bokuto planned skip the rest of the afternoon class if it meant giving you comforts like this at times of need.

Soon enough, he also fell asleep. Silence engulfing the room where you and your boyfriend slept in each other's arms.