Chapter 12

The sound of the machine that serves as a life support for a child that is soundly sleeping could be heard. Inside that hospital room, there seated a female of the same age with Last Name, Rachel.

A knock from the door was heard and she let her guest came in.

"How is it going over here?" The man who had entered asked.

"Uhmmm...she's doing fine. The doctor had informed me that she'll be able to get back from her previous health status though we still can't leave the hospital if that happens soon since we haven't paid any of our bills." Rachel was feeling down. Her child with Nicholas is suffering from leukemia and was forced to be admitted to the hospital even though they were short with financial support. That is when Michael came in.

"Oh, I see. Then I guess you go tell your husband to do his job or else your daughter will recieve nothing." Michael took a seat, crossing his legs with audacity.

"Why are you doing this?" Rachel has long since then regretted what she had done to Last Name and now she just couldn't held in the guilt she is suffering after having no choice but to follow what Michael wants to happen.

"For Last Name to suffer, of course."

"She's already away from us. Away from you. What did she done wrong for you to sabotage her this much." A fit of laughter then enveloped the room.

"That is very funny, coming from you. Well if you really want me to enlighten you then I don't mind telling." With his serious tone, Michael started.

"Last Name's existence is a big mishap for my own. The moment she arrived in the firm 4 years ago, I suffered. I'm recieving less clients for they preferred her designs than mine. The higher ups had been comparing me to her even though I am 3 years older working on that firm. None had appreciated my existence since then. That's why I decided, she needs to be out. She doesn't belong in a place where I am already existing."

"You're horrible."

"Shut up. You speak like you are not. Well, going back. I did everything to win that case. I hired people to mistreat her as well as finding those people that went after her back when she is still studying. I had everything against her, but still she won the case. I was fired and that hits my rock bottom. Yet she was not, but rather she was transferred. They chose her over me and after all that happened no one had chosen me. Never did I experience being chosen again. No firm had accepted me and I started freelancing but I only got a less to zero clients. I was suffering. And that is because of her. Trivial, maybe or maybe not. But the part that I lost everything because of her is something I can't stand and not make an action. I'll have her suffer, even until my last breath."

"You're not gaining anything from doing this." Michael stood up, walked to Rachel and slapped her.

"Stop talking like you are a better person yourself. Have you forgotten you also did made her life crumble once? And from what I had made your husband do she is breaking once more..." He holds her chin with force and she was retaliating because of the pain.

"...and I couldn't get any more happier." He finished.

"Karma will hunt you."

"Is that coming from you who had experienced karma, itself? With your child lying over here, I can see that so well."

"We shouldn't have took your offer."

"Yes, shouldn't have. But you still did." Michael left her with those words seething through her brain. Back then they were so out of money and didn't got the chance to reject Michael's offer of help along with his plan of revenge.