17

Jeongyeon didn't see it coming, doesn't entirely understand how it happens.

She's lying with Nayeon on their bed, bodies spent from making love all night, and chests breathing lightly to the tune of the beat of their hearts. She's lying on her side, head propped on her hand while Nayeon mirrors her expression, except where Jeongyeon is lightly tracing the brunette's exposed side and Nayeon is making wild gestures with her hand as she recounts her crazy days with Mina.

The sheets are hanging loosely around the older girl's naked form, her eyes bright under the dim lighting in the room, with only the moon outside adding a small silver glow upon her features, her smile as wide as it can be, and Jeongyeon feels an inexplicable rush of emotions just watching the girl in her barest form, heart out in the open.

Jeongyeon's always had trouble with expressing just how much she loves the girl, her words feeling like they're never enough, but right now, she feels downright helpless. She loves this girl. With everything she has and she feels powerless against her inability to articulate that love.

She doesn't realize Nayeon has stopped talking until she feels a hand on her face. Nayeon looks at her and sends her a gentle smile. Always so gentle when it comes to Jeongyeon.

"Hey," the brunette says softly.

Jeongyeon leans into her touch before taking the girl's hand from her face and interlacing their fingers before setting it down between them, the girl's hold always helping her get back to reality when she gets too much into her head.

"Hi," Jeongyeon replies with a smile of her own.

"What are you thinking about in that pretty little head of yours?"

I'm thinking that I really want to marry you.

The taller girl shakes her head softly as she brings their still-intertwined hands to her mouth, kissing the back of the girl's hand lightly before replying. "Nothing much," she shrugs. "Just that you're the most beautiful person I know." The way she says it, like it's the truest thing she's ever said, makes Nayeon's heart race.

The older girl smiles bashfully and looks down softly while a pink blush forms on her cheeks. "You already got in my pants, Yoo Jeongyeon, what more do you want?!" she replies jokingly when she finally looks up again.

Jeongyeon shakes her head, "I'm serious. I-" she sighs frustratedly at herself. "You overwhelm me at times, you know that? The way you make me feel, it tugs at my heart and my entire being in the most agonizingly beautiful way possible. Like I can't ever get enough of you. I think about the future – our future – and all I can think is that forever isn't enough. It frustrates me that I can't put in enough words just how much you make me feel."

Nayeon's heart is thundering against her chest so hard, it feels like it's trying to beat out of her ribs – regardless of what Jeongyeon says, the girl always knows how to make her heart beat like crazy. She laughs lightly as she answers, "You're doing just fine if you ask me, baby."

Jeongyeon moves closer and snuggles against Nayeon's chest as the older girl wraps her arms around her. She sighs against the girl's soft skin, "I love you. More than you'll ever know."

"I love you, too. And trust me, I know," Nayeon responds before she lets sleep finally take over, content with the way she's holding Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon carefully unwraps Nayeon's arms from around her as she silently gets up from their bed, quickly retrieving a shirt and new underwear before heading out to their balcony. She picks up her phone along the way and dials the person that could help her.

The line rings three times before it's picked up and answered with a groggy voice. "Somebody better be dying or I swear to god, unnie. Mina just slammed the phone on my face because it's three in the morning."

Jeongyeon can't help but smile at her best friend, always the morning person, she thinks to herself. "Chaeyoung-ah, remember how you still owe me a huge favor?"

"Yeah?" Chaeyoung finally starts to slowly wake up as she senses where her best friend is going with this and the wide smile that forms on her face is instinctive.

"I'd like to cash that in, if I may, please."