2

Nayeon has never been the athletic type. Like, she owns a gym and she works out so she has good endurance and all that, but she's not really fast or agile. So even in this instance, where she's running after a clearly distressed Mina who's also dragging a long-ass train that must be at least ten pounds as she runs out of the venue, she's having a hard time keeping up with the girl. She'd run past the gardens and into the woods, no doubt not really thinking about where she's going.

Nayeon had been peacefully enjoying the wedding, with tears threatening to form in her eyes as she watches her best friend wed the man that had mended her broken heart after some girl broke it in pieces. She couldn't be happier for her. They'd spent countless hours pouring over the preparations, making sure every detail is to Mina's (mom's) liking, arranging everything to absolute perfection, from the guest list to the catering service to the exact distance between the chairs around the tables in the reception – suffice to say, Nayeon was heavily invested in this wedding.

She met Mina shortly after the girl's break-up with Chaeyoung when she had first attended the gym that Nayeon owns. They immediately bonded because Mina spent a lot of late nights at the gym after spending the entire day going to school or studying or interning at a firm. Mina confided in her and easily found a friend in Nayeon, who had formed an initial crush on the girl after she had gotten over the intimidating nature of Mina. As they slowly, but progressively developed their friendship however, Nayeon's crush eventually faded into mere admiration for the girl's passion in her work and general positive outlook in life.

She's learned all there is to be learned about Chaeyoung, Mina's first and ultimate love. The one that showed her what true love is, but is also single-handedly responsible for crushing her friend's heart. She was there during all those nights and witnessed how the strong, independent woman she had come to know would still break down every once in a while, crying until she had no tears left, mourning the loss of the only love she's ever known. She's seen the girl get up over and over and although she's always admired her natural resilience, it hurt immensely to see just how much this Chaeyoung girl has affected her.

Nayeon was ecstatic when her friend finally showed signs of moving on, dating every once in a while until she met Mingyu. Granted, she'd always found the guy a tad bit arrogant but Mina was finally smiling again and that's all she could really ask for. When Mina's parents showed their unwavering support for their relationship, Nayeon couldn't help but be relieved, knowing just how much her parents' approval means to the girl.

She thought everything was finally working out. There were a couple times where Mina had shown doubt about the wedding but she had quickly recovered and assured Nayeon multiple times that it was just normal wedding jitters. Perhaps she should have paid more attention to those times because now that she thinks about it, there had been signs that Mina seemed to be longing for something more. So she can't really say she's all that surprised that the wedding hadn't pushed through, she has a feeling that even if that girl hadn't stood up and declared her objection, Mina might have still been a runaway bride at the end of the day.

Still, did the whole thing have to be so dramatic?

She didn't know what to expect when she spotted the beautiful blonde girl in the crowd looking nervous and seemingly on the verge of throwing up, but never in a million years did she predict that she would try (and be successful for that matter) to stop the wedding.

It wasn't hard to notice her. Her beauty radiated and stood in stark contrast to a seemingly plain and boring crowd. She's wearing a body-hugging two-piece haltered purple ensemble that shows off her defined collarbones (Nayeon appreciates the fact that even though she attended with the intention of disrupting the wedding, she had taken the time to adhere to the dress code). Nayeon also remembers how a sliver of alabaster skin was peeking through in between the small top and the tight skirt that reached down just above her knees, the simple yet elegant outfit showing off her curves.