3

"She still hasn't responded?" Jeongyeon carefully asks with a mouthful of cereal as she sits across from a dejected Chaeyoung on their breakfast table.

It's been about a month since the whole wedding ordeal and things have died down for the most part, except Chaeyoung has received nothing but radio silence from Mina. After Jeongyeon successfully escaped the venue and the wrath of Mina's and Mingyu's families for disrupting the most important day in their lives, she quickly tried to contact Chaeyoung and replayed everything that happened to her.

Although Chaeyoung feels that she should have been relieved that the wedding didn't push through, she couldn't help but feel devastated at how everything unfolded. Just hearing about Mina in tears made her heart constrict in the most painful of ways and as bad as Mina's ex-fiancé sounded like, she knows the girl was probably devastated to know the person she trusted the most turned out to be a cheating asshole.

"No," Chaeyoung shakes her head sullenly as she pokes and prods on her cereal, not really in the mood to eat anything. "God, unnie, this is so fucked up. I mean, I want her back, but ugh!" she slumps her forehead onto her forearms on the table and groans.

"Hey," Jeongyeon reaches out to console her friend as she rubs her shoulder comfortingly. "She had to process a lot of things, just give her time, okay?"

"I just want to talk to her, you know?" Chaeyoung says as she looks up at Jeongyeon, opting to rest her chin on her arms instead. "If she wants to give me a chance or let me explain things, fine. If she never wants to see me again, it's fine as well. But I just want to have that talk even if it's to end things once and for all. So we can both get the closure we deserve."

"You'd be okay with that?"

"With what?"

"If she asks to cut everything off between you two?"

Chaeyoung pauses for a moment but then moves to sit up and nod her head solemnly. "Yeah. At this point, if I'm causing her more pain than anything else, I'm willing to let her go. If that's what she truly wants."

"This girl really did a number on you."

"Yeah, well." Chaeyoung shakes her head with a small laugh. "Anyway, enough about my failed love life. Did anything else interesting happen at the wedding?"

Jeongyeon quirks an eyebrow and after swallowing a spoonful of cereal says, "You mean aside from the whole baby momma debacle and some strange girl stopping a wedding for her best friend and not actually for herself?"

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes. "I already know I owe you a huge favor, unnie." She takes a few seconds to gather her thoughts and respond genuinely, meeting Jeongyeon's expectant eyes. "But, seriously. Thanks, unnie," she says with a small smile. "And I promise, I will make it up to you one day."

"I'll keep that in mind," Jeongyeon responds with a smile of her own. Her mind briefly goes back to the bridesmaid that had kept her attention even in the midst of trying to stop someone else's wedding and she can't help but smile to herself at the memory. Chaeyoung watches her with piqued interest, noting how her expression has shifted slightly.

Jeongyeon feels Chaeyoung nudge her foot and she looks up at a smirking Chaeyoung. "So, something else did happen, huh?"

"What? No, nothing else happened," the older girl squeaks out.

"Oh come on, unnie." Chaeyoung laughs lightly. "Have you forgotten just how well I know you? Might as well fess up now. You know I'll get it out of you sooner or later."

"I mean nothing really – it wasn't like – um," Jeongyeon runs a hand through her already mussed morning hair and tries to calm her suddenly racing heart. "Your girl's friend is really.... feisty," she settles for the word and shrugs, hoping to come off as nonchalant.