15

Nayeon really should've have known that her girlfriend was going to pull some shit like this.

She should have been more persistent in finding out what was bothering the golden haired girl so she could've nipped it in the bud as soon as she can. It's been about a week after Saida's wedding and it's also been a week of Jeongyeon avoiding her.

It seems like the younger girl had somehow gotten the entire world to conspire with her because no one wants to help the brunette get in touch with her girl. Her restaurant staff is as loyal as they can be and the girl had successfully managed to avoid being in the apartment every time Nayeon tried to visit – even during times when she hadn't texted or called to say that she was going to stop by. Chaeyoung isn't being much of a help either. If anything, Nayeon's pretty sure she's been helping Jeongyeon in this whole avoid-Nayeon-to-piss-her-off mess.

Whenever Jeongyeon does reply to Nayeon's texts, they're always short and meaningless, like she couldn't wait for the conversation to end. She'd made endless excuses about not meeting up or even talking on the phone and Nayeon's patience is really wearing thin.

When the brunette manages to finally threaten Chaeyoung into helping her see Jeongyeon and giving them some alone time in the apartment – she had to use her Mina card to finally get the girl to help her out and she doesn't regret it one bit – Nayeon is just about ready to do whatever it takes for Jeongyeon to tell her what the problem really is.

Jeongyeon walks in the apartment after a long day of work and all she wants is to cuddle with her girlfriend, but she knows she can't. She's missed her all week but she has to be strong so she supposes she'll have to live with it, so when she moves into the kitchen, she's surprised to see her girlfriend waiting for her, with no Chaeyoung in sight, arms crossed and brows furrowed.

Her heart picks up at the sight of the girl. Nayeon's presence never fail to have some kind of effect on Jeongyeon and she fights the smile that's trying to form on her lips, always keeping in mind what she's been trying to do for the past week.

"So, are you gonna tell me why you've been avoiding me for a week or did you want to play hide-and-seek a little longer?" Nayeon's voice is cold and her gaze unwavering. She missed Jeongyeon like hell too but she's tired of chasing her around and anger is the predominant emotion coursing through her right now. Still, she tries to be calm. She knows Jeongyeon is acting out because she's going through something the girl is refusing to talk to her about.

Here we go, Jeongyeon thinks. Might as well get it over with now. She schools her expression to be indifferent as she ignores her girlfriend and moves to get a glass of water. Maybe Nayeon will be able to forgive her one day.

"I'm tired. Can you yell at me some other time," Jeongyeon says, exasperation dripping in her voice.

Nayeon clenches her jaw and tries to calm herself when she replies. "Are you kidding? I haven't spoken to you – properly spoken to you in a week! I just – I miss you." Her anger subsides as the overwhelming urge to hug Jeongyeon and tell her it's okay starts to wash over her. She hates fighting with the girl and if she doesn't want to talk, then the brunette is ready to let it go, as long as they can be together again.

"You know, we don't always have to be around one another," Jeongyeon replies nonchalantly.

Nayeon stands up and starts pacing the floor, hand on her forehead to ease the growing pain as she tries to keep up with the other girl. This isn't her Jeongyeon, and she has to get to the bottom of the problem before everything gets out of hand. "What is going on? Why are you picking a fight," she asks, her tone is confused and hurt.

Jeongyeon scoffs, moving to stand in front of Nayeon, effectively stopping the girl's pacing. She makes sure to meet the girl's eyes when she lets out her next words, her tone was the coldest Nayeon has ever heard. "This is who I am. I'm a difficult person to be with. I'm cynical, a smartass, and I don't take anything seriously. That's what you signed up for when you chose to be with me."