4

They end up in a nearby coffee shop and Nayeon decides she might as well get it over with. She's still feeling an irrational irritation towards the girl for ruining the wedding she and Mina have worked so hard to perfect and it hasn't really been the most pleasant experience dealing with her best friend's parents about the failed wedding. She knows Jeongyeon prevented her friend from marrying an absolute asshole but there's just something about this girl and her smirks and her stupid short golden hair that really annoys her more than it should.

"So," Nayeon starts after taking a sip of her latte. "Mina is sad," is all she says afterwards and Jeongyeon lets out an exasperated sigh.

"Look, I know what I did was crazy and I'm sorry. But if you're only here to talk more about how I ruined the wedding and all tha-"

"Let me finish," Nayeon rolls her eyes.

"Oh. Okay, go on," Jeongyeon says while a small blush forms on her pale cheeks.

Nayeon sighs as she keeps her eyes trained on her coffee. "Look, you're right." Jeongyeon raises her eyebrow at that and continues to listen. "When you said I don't know Chaeyoung. I don't really know what truly happened between them, just that whatever it was, it broke Mina in more ways than one," she said sadly. "I got so excited when she started to move on and then life throws this curve ball and we find out that Mingyu isn't quite the guy we thought we knew, you know?"

Jeongyeon scrunches her face in confusion as she tries to follow what Nayeon is saying. "I – I still don't know where you're going with this."

Nayeon runs a hand through her hair and looks up to meet Jeongyeon's eyes. "I'm not sure what to do, but Mina has been really sad this past month. I know she's trying to make it seem like she's okay and maybe she's fooling her parents because they've never truly paid attention to her but we've been friends for a long time and I'd like to think I know her enough to tell she's not okay."

"Um, okay..."

"I don't know if this is the right thing to do, but I do think that she and your friend need to talk."

Jeongyeon is a little surprised at the girl's words and leans back to sit against her chair while she contemplates about what the girl is saying.

"I'm not saying we should try to get them back together because I honestly don't know if I trust Mina's heart with Chaeyoung," when she sees Jeongyeon about to retort, she quickly cuts in with, "And I'm sure you wouldn't want Chaeyoung with Mina without getting to know my friend first, right? But I think they need to just let it all out and settle things so we can all move on from this."

"Well, actually, I know for a fact that Chaeyoung is still very much in love with her and at this point, she's made it clear that she's willing to do anything to make Mina happy, whether that means they try again or it means she has to let go. She's willing to do either," Jeongyeon shrugs. "And I'm here for Chaeyoung, to support her with Mina if they try again, or to comfort her if your friend decides she doesn't want her back."

Nayeon is stunned by the girl's response. She didn't know what to expect of this Chaeyoung girl, but she'd somehow pictured her to be some heartbreaker because of everything that happened between her and Mina but from what she's learned so far, maybe the girl isn't too bad after all.

"Okay, well, bottom line is they need to talk."

"Well, it's not for a lack of trying on Chaeyoung's part," Jeongyeon says as she crosses her arms.

"I know, I've tried to talk to Mina about talking with your friend. Even if it's just to end things or whatever, but she's being really stubborn about it and I know she wants that closure too, she's just too scared. So we have to do something."