14

The wedding is beautiful, rivaling Mina's first almost-wedding, Jeongyeon thinks. It's an outside wedding tucked in the luscious garden, the venue only a few yards away from the seaside.

The affair has a pastel color motif, the entourage dressed in light blues and soft hues as the afternoon sun shines delicately over the entire scene, the sky clear and the weather warm – the perfect spring wedding. The guests are dressed in comfortable semi-formal, the men in white button-up shirts and loose, sand-colored khakis, while the women opt for relaxed, flowy maxi dresses and sandals. Both of the bride themselves is in a simple yet classy dress.

The whole event has a pervading serene atmosphere – it's unpretentious yet elegant.

Her girl is standing amongst the bridesmaids, donned in a knee-length flowy haltered dress with an airy appeal, her entire back, down to just above her bum is exposed and if everybody weren't so focused on the bride, they'd surely be looking at her. Jeongyeon definitely is.

She's got the softest smiles on her face, subtle tears in her eyes as she watches her cousin, Dahyun and her soon-to-be-wife, Sana exchange heartfelt vows and Jeongyeon just wants to go up there and give her the biggest hug. Her heart drums in her chest as she pictures Nayeon at the altar – where Jeongyeon thinks she fits so beautifully. Perhaps if Jeongyeon wasn't so scared, she'd be able to give Nayeon that as well.

The reception is as simple and beautiful as the ceremony. It's held at a half-open venue where guests can freely roam and explore the beach or go back inside and take advantage of the open bar and after a few shots of liquid courage, maybe dare the dance floor.

Nayeon floats around the different tables, catching up with various relatives and endless uncles and aunties while Jeongyeon dutifully stays by her side. The blonde girl herself has opted for a light and flirty and sexy off-the-shoulder jumpsuit.

She watches in awe at the way Jeongyeon effortlessly charms her way into the hearts of her family members, sharing recipe's with her aunties, talking sports with her uncles and male cousins, and the one that tugs at her heart the most is when she's dancing with her younger cousins and nieces and nephews on the dance floor, making sure everyone gets a turn with her as she gracefully leads them all the while laughing and giggling without a worry in the world.

After Nayeon has managed to drag Jeongyeon away from the kids, not without much coaxing and bribery, they find themselves talking with the bride herself, Nayeon's mom, and a few others of her cousins and close friends. They talk about the usual things – how everyone is doing with school or their jobs or their love lives, as the adults in the circle find a way to get the younger ones to admit to when they're supposed to settle down, no doubt using the current situation to segue into topics like marriage and kids.

"So when is it going to be your guys's turn?" Jeongyeon and Nayeon snap out of their personal bubble when they realize the question is being directed towards them. They had sort of zoned out of the conversation for a while now, choosing to get lost in each other's smiles, having their own personal conversation while whispering into each other's ears, seemingly unaware of everyone around them – they look like the epitome of love. So on of the bridesmaid who asked the question, can't really be blamed for bringing up the topic. She couldn't have known that Jeongyeon and Nayeon had no plans to get married. Looking at the two of them and seeing how easily they can get lost in each other – no one could have known.

"Um," Jeongyeon clears her throat and tries to steady her voice. Nayeon can feel her girlfriend immediately tense up, her grip tight on Nayeon's hand and her eyes darting anywhere but the small crowd around them.

Nayeon then tugs on Jeongyeon's hand to get her attention and lightly rubs her thumb against the younger girl's knuckles. When Jeongyeon's panicked eyes meet hers, she gives the girl a soft smile – one that says 'It's okay. We're okay', and Nayeon can see how the tension slightly subsides from the girl's features. She decides to answer for the both of them, making sure to meet her family's and friend's eyes and to keep her voice steady when she speaks.