Chapter 38

🚫⚠️warning, this chapter contains scenes of violence and rape⚠️🚫
Harley's P.O.V
I sat on the grey stool of the island, my hands on the cup of coffee that had turned cold in my hand. I had not eaten, had not slept. A pounding headache had my eyes blood shot. Czarina could not stop crying and I was tired. I was tired of feeling this fear, it gripped my soul, tearing me apart with the feeling that something bad had happened.

I had never been a superstitious person but the screams and the wails from Czarina had my gut hitting hard at me of something bad that had happened. The two guards did not know anything as being cut off from the rest of the team. So in the evening, after giving the men their dinner packs I sat there head hung, tears threatening to fall with a heavy heart pounding tearing my chest apart.

I put the cup down, stood up only to take it back up to the sink where I spilled the cold untouched coffee rinsing the cup after. The lights of the house were all on with the sun having gone down a couple of hours ago. My mind was spinning while my legs were shaking. I made my way upstairs, Czarina having been tucked in an hour ago.

Walking into my room I turned the lights on then went closing the windows along with the curtains. I went to the bathroom, taking a shower which did nothing to soothe my aching muscles nor the gaping hole in my chest. I sat on the bed after wearing his grey t-shirt with only the side lamp lighting the room now. His scent was the only thing that gave me comfort as I tangled myself around his pillow, holding in to my chest occasionally sniffing it only to sigh.

I closed my eyes and whispered a prayer to God for forgiveness, for protection and for guidance, I begged for life, begged for the almighty to please guide my husband back to me and asked for his protection through all that he was to do.

My eyes opened with a tear slipping down my cheek, I had to be strong, had to hold myself and be ready for the worst. He was strong for me and now it was time to be strong for him and my baby. So I wiped away the tears and made a promise to fight till the end.

My body shot up, eyes scanning around the room, sleep long gone, having crept away chased by fear. My heart drummed, my hands shook as my breath got caught in my throat. I pressed on my phone, it blinking that it was two in the morning. My ears were ringing with my eyes barely seeing with the room seeming darker than normal. The silence was of death, it ignited such fear as I waited to see where the sound that had jolted me up came from. I was scared to even move, in my head I knew I had to get to Czarina but first I had to make sure it was clear.

Another gun shot went off, the loud sound tearing through the dark night as it was followed by a loud clap of thunder that tore the sky lighting up the whole sky. I was not going to scream, I was not going to scream! I crept out the bed feeling as if I would die from fear. I had to get to Czarina but I could not help my shaking legs as I fell to the floor with another gunshot blasting followed by a train of them somewhere around the compound.

What was happening?

The room was dark, my heart leapt not being able to be contained as it drummed, the sound so loud in my ears fearing it would attract predators. I crept up with the help of the bed, eyes scanning every corner of the room. Slowly I made my way across the room flinching with each shot that broke through.

I had never been this scared in my life, did not want to get out of the safety of my room but I had to so I grabbed the handle pressing it down trying not to make much noise. It slid down, making just a slight noise having me lose my wits with the sound of my heart so loud I could barely hear anything else. It never seemed so loud to breath, I held my breath, breathing suddenly seeming so loud.

Darkness filled the hallway, I could barely see anything as I pushed my head, looking from left to right trying to see if it's clear. It was so quiet just filled with drumming of none other than my heart. My hand shook as I put my right foot in front of the other followed by my left, praying for God to be with me.

The shots got louder and louder. I swallowed hard and ran for it, dashing down the passage only to stop at Czarina's door where I opened the door and dashed in closing the door behind me.

Silence is what was heard, I leaned against the door my eyes firstly seeing the crib, and they turned raking the whole room with nothing moving or out of place.

I can't faint now, I told myself feeling like my heart would give out. I took large steps to the crib.

"Oohh God," I could not help the fear that turned and twisted my stomach into knots with the tears now flowing down my cheeks.

The crib was empty.

I choked on my own saliva with my feet threatening to give out as a cold sharp object was placed on my neck. It was pushed hard breaking my skin with a warm thick liquid seeping out, snaking it's way down my shoulder.

My body shook like a leaf, my breath turned into pants.

I wanted to ask where my baby was, wanted to threaten and tell whoever it was to fuck off but I could not. My head seemed to have frozen with my heart too fast for its own good.

Klaus!

I could not help but scream in my mind as if he would just appear to take us away to safety.

A sob left my lips as something wet and sloppy licked my neck sending a shiver down my spine with my stomach flipping, the desire to vomit coming hard at me.

The man did not stop licking my neck with his arm holding my waist bringing me closer to him. The smell of smoke, sweat and alcohol hitting me like a brick not helping my stomach at all. The knife was pressed deeper into my neck, blood trickling like a fountain of water which he licked away, every bit of it. His left arm held my waist as his hand went down the shirt I wore until his rough fingers scraped my skin making my whole skin to crawl as I gagged - the knife slicing deeper causing me to bite my lip with my eyes closed, holding in the pain as it tore down to my toes.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted shaking.

You have learned about this, think!  My voiced screamed inside my head, giving me a dizzy spell, doing nothing to calm my heart.

Where is my baby?

So many questions yet it seemed my mind could suddenly not work as I froze there, only tears streaming down, my whole form shaking badly with the sound of shots getting louder and louder with the thunder getting vicious as if to claim a life with its striking lightning.

"Where... is my baby?" I asked, no - demanded as my fear took a turn, anger finally slipping through me making me clench my teeth at the thought of my beautiful baby. I had been beaten and broken before but not again. I had to be strong, had to think and clear my mind but how could I as the man's hand got higher and higher shredding every strength in my bones that had been collected.

Lord, I could not go through this again. My lips quivered as the claws of the devil clawed at my soul.
"Stop, please!" I said shouting as my underwear was torn away leaving me kicking air, a switch being flipped my body acting on its own accord directed by my mind that knew that no matter what I had to fight.

A loud laugh broke through the sound of my screams, it came from someone else as three more figures emerged from the corners of the room. Huge bulky man slowly making their way to the centre. My eyes scanned around trying to keep all of them in sight.

No! No! No!

Please!

A sob broke through as one of the man had a sleeping Czarina in his arms holding her to his chest, my daughter oblivious to all that was happening.

My arms shot out to the one with my baby.

"Please," I begged, asking for them to just give me my baby.

"Please," my pleas were met with nothing but smirks as the three men watched my every move, eyes taking my body hungrily as if I was some piece of meat they would get to chew.

The shirt I was wearing was suddenly ripped off as a scream so loud tore through my throat.

Not again!

Tears flowed down.

Not again!

Cries from Czarina we're heard before her tiny hands went buckling at the man that held her.

"Shh baby, I will take care of you." The man said creeping his way to me until he just stood just in front of me, not moving his eyes from her. The hands around my body held on tighter to me, the arms around my chest going to my neck where it was squeezed sending  my tears down as I choked, clawing at the arm trying to get him away, trying to break free as I could feel myself losing the ability to breath with every passing milli-second. Panic hit as my body took a kick. I cried, coughed, and scratched, my eyes not moving from the man in front of me carrying my child.

"Don't kill her Dee, I like mine warm unlike you creep." Another one of the men said as he got next to me, his hands going for my thigh, grabbing on it aggressively before he cupped my sex making me kick and claw harder tears trickling down my face my fate nearing me, eyes drooping with only the sound of my baby's cries filling the room.

I collapsed to the floor gasping, the hand having been removed around my body. My throat burned causing me to wheeze as I slowly crawled away from the men trying to get away. Sobs choked me, everything blurry.

"I had never had so much fun in a job," one said.

"I know, this is not enough revenge for what they did at the camp, if only that bastard had not died, it would have been fun for him to see this." Another replied.

The room spun as I slipped on the floor. I wept, wept my heart out. How could this happen? Why was this happening to us? Klaus!? I could not breathe, I could not see, my limbs seemed not to work as I lay on the floor crawling with my hands, dragging my shaking body. Death was better than this, this life was never meant for me, it was better to die.

I was grabbed by my calf, dragged against the cold floor, my nails scratching with my feet kicking trying to get me free.

How could the lord forsake me so?

The pain was too much, it ate away my insides as the scenes from Rafael's basement came flooding. I screamed and fought but they were too strong, it was as if I was reliving it again, the cries echoing in my ears, everything playing out in my eyes. I heard the belt hit the floor, I heard the cries from my baby getting louder, saw the three men talk to themselves, the forth one pulling his pants down.

Everything went in slow motion, the noise muting away leaving my heart as it drummed loudly. I turned my face to the scene unfolding with hope and life slipping away from me. My eyes drooped with the ache on my neck getting more unbearable, the feel of warm blood trickling over dried blood on my skin.

"Don't worry princess, I prefer my woman young, very young." The voice came from my right ear, it seemed distant as my eyes faltered closed, the cries from a baby getting distant.

Very young.

Very young.

Very young.

The words kept swirling in my mind not making sense as I could feel my heart getting slower and slower.

Very young.

It came again leaving me confused.

What?

Then it clicked causing me to gasp, my heart beat picked up, the dizziness seeming to fade away as the cries from Czarina got louder and louder as she tore her throat apart. I found the mist that kept me immobile, clawed my way through the darkness.
Not my baby!

My eyes peeled open as I took a huge gulp of air, the man just to lay his weight on me. I screamed as I pushed him off with such anger punching his face in the process.

"Be smart Harley,"

"Bitch!"

I flipped from the floor only seeing red, no one would stop me from getting to my daughter. I did not even see him but somehow I knew as I turned hitting the man that came behind me with the elbow, stepping hard on his toe. He groaned as he hopped back but I stalked towards him where my fists just flew out, I kept punching and punching, screaming my lungs out as I lunged at him. When I was done he stumbled around only to fall on the floor laying there face fully bleeding. I walked over his body taking out his knife only to stab him with it in the eyes turning it around as blood gushed out spraying all over my arm. Satisfied, I pulled out the knife only to turn to the rest of the group.

"Good," One said clapping his hands while they stood there watching me.

"Impressed, I see why they all fought for you. You're fuck'n sexy, maybe I will keep you."

At this point I could not feel anything. I could not feel the throbbing neck, all I could feel was the anger that took over every cell inside me.

"Put down that knife before you cut yourself, we could talk about this." The man that was about to rape me said taking slow steps towards me, a gun in hand.

"Just shoot her," another one said.

"No man, this ass is mine and I want it warm." He said getting closer and closer as I stood above the dead man watching him with each step he took, chest heaving up and down waiting to tear him apart.

"I will show you a good time, I promise."

Kill!
Kill!
Kill!
Kill!

I took off running towards him, by the time he realised it was too late as I jumped on to his shoulders slicing through with my knife. The gun fell first before his body went wobbling left, right before it went sinking down the floor where it lay, me sitting on top of his corpse covered in nothing but blood.

"Dee, kill that bitch!" The one with Czarina screamed while Dee raised his gun ready to shoot but he was not fast enough as my knife was already rushing through the air, whistling only to find its target- the body dropping not even a second later.

The room went silent as I took taunting steps towards this man, this man that was so sick in the mind he wanted to rape my daughter, I could not wrap my mind around it, and it was too evil for me to even understand. How could such a monster live in this earth? How could he breathe when such wickedness lived inside him? I had to cure him.

"Put my baby down!" My words were firm as I got near and near towards him.

He laughed only to pull the trigger of his gun but he did not know that he was dealing with the devil himself now.