Chapter 31

The lake was the part of the compound I had not seen, Klaus had not even mentioned it till we were making brunch together; okay, mostly Klaus. We were all getting that natural tan as we lay on the fleece blanket looking at the clear blue sky, the wind cooling our bodies on the warm day with the sound of the water making us at peace as we were lost in our own thoughts. Our bodies had a language of their own because unknowingly our hands had found their way towards each other now, being interlocked.

My maxi dress let the air brush all over my body. My body and heart both being at peace on this lovely day. Our little fight had been forgotten long ago as the hours went by. My belly was full from the delicious brunch made by none other than my gorgeous fiancé, if I might say. My whole body tingled all over as I thought of the fact that we were getting married in less than twenty-four hours. My head turned to the left where Rina was sleeping with an umbrella opened, sheltering her from the sun. On my right was Klaus who I was staring at now with him staring back. We did not say anything but just stared at each other. I was a blushing mess and the more he stared at me my smile got wider and wider until I could not hold it, broke eye contact giggling. My heart was pounding hard as butterflies floated all over my belly.

"I probably look like a teenager in love" I said shyly looking away.

He smiled and cupped my cheek.

"You are a teenager Harley." he said

"No, "I said hitting his shoulder playfully.

"Yes you are."

"No, you like teasing me." I laughed.

I was knocked out of air as he claimed my lips so savagely and hungrily. My eyes automatically went shut with my body exploding with fireworks. When our lips parted I wanted nothing more than to grab him back to where he belonged but I needed to breath or I would surely faint.

"Klaus Roderou you will drive me crazy," I said

"That is my point, to drive you crazy in love." He said

"What have you done with my Klaus because you sound like darn cupid now?" I said looking at him. Klaus had totally changed really. He was opening up, he gave me all his love and heart.

I sat up crossing my legs over each other staring right at Klaus.

"Klaus I don't know if I have ever thanked you for everything you have given me including a home for me and my daughter. I do not deserve all the compassion and love you have shown me. I love you and respect every decision you have made for I know you always doing the best for us. You have been a perfect father to Czarina, helping me out in places I lack, you wake up at night to feed her as I dose off, you change her diapers with all that being said I am asking for you to adopt Czarina as your child for her to hold your surname as she is with no doubt you baby, if you want."

I could not hold back the tear that slipped through for I had been flooded with so many emotions along my speech. He stared at me, emotional and shocked at the same. He seemed not to believe his ears as he glared at me.

"Are you sure Harley?" He asked.

I nodded with more tears escaping my eyes. He stood up and turned around. He took a few steps away from me with his hands on his face hiding it away from my sight. His body was shaking as he held himself. I stood up and made my way to him where I hugged him, my arms making their way around his waist.

"I am sorry," He said wiping his face with his hand. I held him tighter trying to comfort him.

"I never really had a family of my own, always looking from outside the window and here you are right now giving me the family I have always dreamed of, everything I have ever wanted. Thank you Harley, I swear I shall protect you and fight for you with everything I have." He continued kissing my hair and without a warning he had picked me up, spinning around as I screamed in excitement.

I was happy.

"Want to take a swim?" he said pulling off his shirt.

"No, I do not want to be eaten by alligators."

"You scared Harley."

"No, I am not."

"Yes you are,"

"Oohh my God. I think I prefer the grumpy, serious side of you. I do not like this playful side of you at all." I said pushing him in the water with his shorts still on as he fell with a thud, water splashing everywhere as I laughed.

He resurfaced, wiping the water away from his face with his hand.

"You play dirty, don't you?" he asked as I laughed. I do not know what had gotten into Klaus today but I loved it. I loved every single side of him. I loved the do not fuck with me side of him, I loved the strictly business side of him, and lastly I loved the new playful side of him. I took off my maxi dress before checking on the sleeping baby then went jumping in the water. We played in there, chasing each other, climbing on each other, kissing now and then and sometimes checking on the sleeping Czarina often.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?" He asked

"I am so nervous and excited. I cannot believe we are doing this."

"It feels like a dream really. I would not do this with anyone else but you." He said and I blushed, looking away before whispering a 'me too'.

We packed everything in the picnic basket and made our way towards the house with Czarina sucking her thumb ogling her eyes at us as if accusing us of something wrong we did. When we got to the house we first bathe Czarina then went to take a bath together which was a quick one , sadly, because we had left Czarina playing alone in her crib. We quickly scrambled up something to wear. Klaus was in his black Uzzi sweat pants with a grey golf t-shirt, grey adidas shocks and adidas men flops. I stood looking at him as he brushed his hair. He looked so hot I just wanted to jump his bones. I still could not believe that this sext Greek God was soon to be MY HUSBAND. He was the full package; sexy, dripping hot, kind, loving, good hearted, masculine, successful and rich. What more would I want?
I was wearing his grey sweater which was way too big for me, it practically drowned me. I also had on black leggings, Klaus's white adidas socks because my socks always miss partners then I had on his blue adidas men flops because, why not?

We picked up Czarina on the way down, she, in her front carrier on my chest.

"What are we cooking tonight boo?" I asked.

"You mean what am I cooking?" He said chopping some onions.

"You know I add that zing to the food by just being next to you" I said laughing.

"Yes, you do love," He stated as he came around to place a kiss on my fore head.

I went around him and went to plug my phone picking a song I had downloaded recently which was Burna boy featuring Jorja smith gum body.

"We will just be your cheerleaders as you cook," I said as I started moving around dancing with Czarina strapped on my chest. He watched us laughing now and then as we danced in the most horrible way we could.

He checked on his boiling lasagne sheets, went to his spicy mince with mixed veggies then stirred his mushroom creamy sauce. He looked  so hot in that apron moving from a certain station to the next stirring here and there, chopping this and that and tasting from this pot and that.

"Daddy is good looking," I whispered to Czarina who giggled as if understanding what I was saying.

"What are you too whispering about?"

I shook my head denying everything like a child caught stealing cookies. Another song came up, I started dancing, in a moment, I felt hands wrap around my waist as we danced and giggled from all the fun we were having. I bent a little supporting the carrier then twerked with Klaus behind me. He burst out laughing.

"Now what is that?" He asked laughing hard.

"It's called twerking grandpa." I said jabbing him with my finger.

"No, I know twerking and that is not It." he replied in between laughs.

"Yeah, what would you know?" I say as I go to wash the baby spinach leaves.

The mouth-watering smell of the food had my stomach growling hungrily as I finished off the leaves then went to washing the dishes Klaus had created. As much as my husband to be liked cooking, washing dishes was something he hated with his whole being.

He passed by, picking the spinach leaves and brushing a kiss at the back of my head sending my body crazy as I felt butterflies floating away.

Everything was cooked, just cooling on the counter thus Klaus helped me tidy up everything and I washed the rest of the dishes as he wiped and packed them. When we were done we took out two plates and dished up. Czarina had had her bottle just before we had started cooking. Finally we sat down with the music switched off as we watched the news, I looked down at my plate to find nothing there so I scouted closer to Klaus giving him my puppy eyes as I dug in his plate then going back for more. When very little was left I let him finish it off as a piece offering. I picked up the dishes and went to wash them while some popcorn went popping in the pot. The dishes were done so I put the popcorn in the container, poured salt and vinegar spice along with chutney and cheese spice.

I sat down, picked up Czarina from the prime to breast feed her until she fell asleep so I took her up tucking her in. I came down tired, literally collapsing on the couch as Klaus drew me close to himself where I lay on his chest.

"What movie do you want to watch?" He asked.

"Dirty dancing please, I have never watched that movie." I said excitedly.

He searched for it then pressed play streaming it. I held the popcorn bowl to him where he picked some up, me following the lead as the movie started with me tucked in under his wing with him kissing my head now and again. The movie was so nice and when it was done he picked the next one which was 'Jumanji' because he was a Kevin hart fan which came to a shock to me, so we both watched the movie as we both did not know it.

"Ain't we supposed to getting our beauty sleep because tomorrow is the day?" I asked as we picked another movie after Jumanji because we both were having so much fun and did not want it to end.

"You are cheating, it's my turn to pick the movie." I said as I took out the ice cream tub with two spoons walking towards the living room and plopping down, tucking myself in again.

"Okay, you pick." He said giving me the remote.

I searched for 'The Hate You Give' as it was one of the movies highly rated from the blog I had went through a month ago. I had missed a lot of things since being kidnapped and now it was time to catch up.

The movie played as we stuffed ourselves with chocolate fudge and nuts ice cream, the hours ticking away to our wedding day.