Chapter 37

Klaus's P.O.V
The fog crawled down the thick forest, it swallowed the trees, leaving nothing to be seen. It sleeked its way through the dark forest as the frogs croaked away, letting us know rain was to be bestowed on us. The night was dark, knowing perfectly well that lives would be lost with the splatter of blood staining the earth with only the sound of men crying out as their souls would be ripped away so forcefully from their bodies.

It was as if the Gods were sitting on their high thrones watching what was to befall their children, moving chess pieces around the board to whom they favoured. There was no glimpse of sympathy in me as I led the men down the steep forest, there was no remorse for what was to happen, my eyes saw red and there was nothing that could keep me from killing anything that was in my way. Lord help them for hell was about to be unleashed.

The fog covered us, it covered us as we marched down, the trees swayed from the harsh winds with the owls looking down, baring witness as it all played out. The scouts and spies were successfully in their positions, waiting for the word go. We reached the high ground where we would wait for Will.

"Will, take it out." I said in the earpiece.

"Will?" I asked after a few seconds had passed.

"William!"

"Oohh, sorry boss, was just saying a short prayer." He said as I looked at him at the back of the line where he stood shaking with his transmitter in hand. I looked at Alejandro besides me as he shook his head.

In a second the lights from the camp went out with only shouts of disbelief coming from the men at what just happened.

"Spies, now." I said

"Copy that." They replied.

Pulling out my night vision googlies I looked at the plain field. With the power out, the gate could open manually with the cameras not working. The darkness of the night made it nearly impossible for them to see a couple of miles away. Everyone was up and about trying to see why the generators had not kicked in which was where we wanted them.

"Clear," group two reported back meaning they had found shelter.

"Archers, make it rain." I called, seeing the group of ten men part from the group positioning themselves with their bows in hand.

"In one, two, three!" The leader of the group, Thomas, shouted as they pulled the strings, waiting for the one to let go. The only thing that could be heard was the whistling as the arrows flew through the air in the speed of lightning heading straight for its victims. The arrows were like a hand grenade yet in an arrow shape leaving destruction wherever it touched.

It was the most beautiful thing I had seen all night as they exploded, sparks and fire rising up to the sky with loud screams tearing through the air making my heart skip a beat at the lovely sound.

"In one, two, three." Thomas was having no mercy as the next set went flying blowing up as soon as the arrows hit the ground with the screams getting louder and louder, smoke rising, the smell of burning flesh clogging the air.

"Boss! Enough please, by the time we get there, there will only be corpses for us to fight with," one of my men said getting loud hymns from the other men making me laugh at how hungry for blood they were.

"Thomas, you heard the men." I said as Thomas signalled for his group to hold it.

Gun shots were heard from the camp as they shot around not sure where the enemy was coming from. I almost laughed at how hopeless they were, it almost made me sad at how brutally they were about to be murdered.

"Team five and six, let's go," I called out for my teams.

"Team seven and eight," Alejandro called out as men quickly stood up waiting in their lines with their weapons in hand.

I turned and nodded to Alejandro before leading my group straight down to the camp where we would walk through their gates. Alejandro's group would take the back as we would put the enemy in the centre and slaughter our way through. I looked back at my two groups, they were so different yet equally lethal. Group five were my men who used guns then group six consisted of my men from my Chinese cartel, they hated guns with their souls and carried long arched blades so sharp they could cut a person into half, slicing through the bone so effortlessly, giving you a clean cut.

Those men had such skill you could never see them coming.

We made our way down, walking through the wet bushes, our boots sinking into the mud. A bolt of lightning tore the sky apart followed by a loud clap of thunder. The rain was coming and the heavens were watching. Another bolt tore through, lighting the dark night as the rain followed, pouring mercilessly, leaving water dripping down our faces as we walked to the gate, nicely sliding it to the right and opening our way into the camp.

They stood ready for us, waiting in lines with their weapons in hand. Bullets ran through as soon as I stepped foot in and the war had begun.

A hand gun was carried at each hand as I let fire and poured it out until my hands felt like they would drop to the floor. We made a tight line, making sure nothing would get through as we shot away at everything that moved. We moved step by step together pushing forward until we were close enough. As soon as one person from the front fell down another one from behind took their spot completing the chain as we moved forward.

As soon as we were close enough I shouted "Gōngjī!" And the angels of hell went springing out. The guns could not hold them back. I could not even see them move yet the bodies kept piling up on the floor. My gun men took this time to load up and move to the left where they led their fire away from team five. My hands hurt from holding the gun so tight yet I burned through it, firing away, making a path for myself. Screams filled the night as blood was all that covered the floor. I could hear the shots on the other side meaning Alejandro's team had made their way in.

Feeling tired of the guns I hanged them around my neck, pulling out two long blades of my own. I took off running at the point, slashing this one's throat while sending the other blade flying, its target being another head where it struck, the man collapsing on the ground where I ran plunging my other blade into another's chest while pulling the other blade out, seeing it pull out with brain matter in the process.

"Boss, I will cover you." It was Ruse this time, my stubborn body guard. I nodded my head as he shoot at anyone who aimed at me while I sliced, stabbed and slaughtered anyone I came across. I could feel my body moving, as light as a feather as I flipped in the air dodging a bullet and landing on the shooters shoulders only to slash his throat giving me such satisfaction as his blood went splashing on my face feeling it warm against my skin.

I looked up the dark sky, roaring out loudly as the rain washed my sins away, a clap of thunder shaking the ground.

"Yeah!!!!" A cheer came from my men all over the fighting field, giving them courage to fight on. I jumped off as the body went crumbling down as I jumped on another's back, sliding down with my knife moving down his spine slicing him into half.

"My wife!" I roared throwing my knife across seeing it plunge through someone's chest while I threw the other at an enemy guard who was about to shoot Ruse.

"Gin!" I shouted as I saw him flash through in front of my eyes twisting in the air, dodging bullets before lending in front of me with a wide grin on his face.

"Oohh, Hi boss," he said waving his hand with such excitement. I pulled out his extra blade from his belt plunging into an enemy guard that had just been behind him.

"Hi to you too Gin." I said back as he took his knife, bowing his head and springing away. I shook my head in amusement before grabbing my two knives from the corpse on the floor and moving on with my attack.

The circle was getting smaller and smaller yet I still had team nine and ten on stand still waiting for the word to move in. I could not keep them from the fun now could I?

"Team nine and ten, move in." I said pressing the earpiece in my ear so they could hear from all the screams of old men crying out for help.

"Copy that boss," the team leader came through.

"Will, are you still there?" I asked.

"I don't know boss," he answered making me want to laugh.

"I have him right by my side, he screamed like a girl from seeing brain matter seeping from a skull." Alejandro said causing me to throw my head back and laugh.

"We told you to stay back." I said back.

"And next time I will listen," Will replied back.

I turned around, looking to the sky as a sound came from above seeing there being a chopper above us. I saw the sparks before I heard it, the chopper opened fire on anything that was on the ground.

"Do you see that Alejandro?" I asked looking up then down to see men from both sides piling up on the floor.

"Yeah," he replied.

"Someone get me a bow." I said looking around trying to make the chopper which was covered by the fog and darkness. More men dropped as I looked around feeling my anger reach new heights.

A bow was thrown at me from somewhere along with a bag of arrows. I hanged the bag around my neck, pulling three arrows aligning them as I set up the bow.

"Ruse, a boost Please?"

"Yes boss," he knelt down with one knee, his back arched back to me. I ran up, stepping on him, jumping and stepping on someone's head while pulling the string so hard aiming it to the large moving object then just letting it go. I heard the whistle of the arrows as they waft through the air.

I flipped my body, twisting in the air so fast like a drill, feeling the air flop my ears with my hands crossed on my chest, the bow in hand. I closed my eyes for that second taking a deep breath before opening them again as I hit the ground with one foot and a knee. I pulled out my knifed, spinning with my knee and hitting the person near me with the bow then stabbing them before they hit the ground.

The last team arrived, closing in the circle as we moved together in synch, one step forward, eliminating everything that was in the middle.

"We got her boss, she is beat up but okay." A voice came through the earpiece from my spy group.

"Okay, make your way out to our camp site."

"Copy that boss,"

"Team one and three, make your way inside." I called out to see a certain portion of the circle break with the men running to the buildings.

Step by step we moved to the right until the circle was closed again. When one fell the circle shifted to close the gap. The soldiers inside were like scared chicks. They clung to their weapons firing with their lives on the line. They could see their chances of survival getting slim by each step we took. With all that the beast inside me was not satisfied as I tore through flesh with my blades, feeling their warm blood coat my skin, drying and creating a layer of its own. I was spilling more blood than the rain could wash away and that made me roar with fire as I tore apart everything in my wake.

They had wanted me, they had wanted to see me in action, they had called for war and I had brought it full force. I had been kind for too long, giving chance after chance but they poked me till my patience broke and I delivered what they had asked. If they wanted my empire, they would take it over my dead body.

With that I roared out loud followed by a cheer from my men as we pushed on. No one was to be left alive, not even one.

"Sir, we have taken all the data, seems like whoever was running this ship fled away but there are about hundred people inside, working the computers and labs." Thomas reported.

I looked at the circle, there were about two hundred soldiers left with me able to see Alejandro across.

"Okay guys, we have had our fun, let's stop torturing the poor souls and wrap it up. Team seven, eight and nine fall back." I said through the earpiece.

"Copy that,"

The three groups fell back as they went picking up the wounded on the floor and starting their way back.

"Thomas, lock everyone in there and set a ten minute timer, putting the bombs everywhere. We are going to light up the sky in this beautiful morning."

"Copy that,"

The circle closed up again after the three groups left. Bodies covered the floor making it hard to walk, everyone pulled out their gun and letting in rain, not holding anything back. Five minutes, all the soldiers were dead leaving the rest of my men to walk back with the wounded.

"We are out boss," Thomas reported.

"Well, that went as planned." Alejandro said patting my shoulder.

"The bastard got away." I said shaking my head, this was not a win at all.

"Yeah," Alejandro said back. I turned looking at him, his face was so clean along with the rest of the body as if he had not just killed so many people.

"I see you took out your silver this time." He said looking at my blooded self.

"Yeah, I needed to let go and get messy."

Alejandro nodded as I turned to watch Will spill his guts.

"Aahh, He is alive."

"Got shot on the thigh and I now have to carry him back." Alejandro answered as I raised an eyebrow trying not to laugh.

"Come on," He said picking the young lad up, making it hard not to laugh. I took one last look as nearly all the men were out and climbing their way back. Death clouded the place, the thunder roared with lightning tearing through the dark morning. There were bodies everywhere, nearly a thousand men dead. I turned around wanting to be relieved but not since this was not over.

There was a loud scramble in my ear causing me to groan, digging the thing out of my ringing ear. I shook my head putting the earpiece on the other ear.

"Who is there?"

"Sir...." It scrambled again.

"Sir, we are trapped, Team two, we did not make it out, the roof is about to collapse, we can't hold it."

I froze where I was, looking up at Alejandro who had also turned to stare at me.

"Thomas, how many minutes left?"

"Three boss,"

"Shit!"

"Klaus, you will not make it."  It was Alejandro grabbing my arm as I was about to sprint.

I looked at him not even sure what to say but knew what to do.

"No Klaus!" He said loudly putting Will on the ground.

"I have to." I replied
"I am going with you." He said

"No Alejandro, you have your beautiful wife to take care of. You will head off AND THAT IS AN ORDER!" I said out so firmly.

He blinked then nodded, he squeezed my hand before letting go and turning away.

"Directions?" I asked through the earpiece, listening before running out as they directed me.

I ran as fast as I could, passing the operating centre and the labs. I ran past the tents going all the way to the other end.

"Shit!"

The plane had crashed on top of the building, crushing it down. The smell of gas filled the air with such intensity that even a single spark could send it exploding.

I got there trying to find a way in, after looking around I saw a part of the cement wall blocking the entrance so I pushed it away, feeling the strain as if my muscles would tear apart. Beads of sweat rolled down my forehead, blending with the rain drops. I pushed on not giving up, finally it shifted, causing me to quickly squeeze my way in through the little space that had been created.

It was dark inside, most of it had collapsed.

"I am inside," I talked through the earpiece.

"We are underground."

I looked around moving things, feeling the time slip away from my grasp. I found yet another piece of the wall blocking the entry way leading to the downstairs that would fall in any minute as it crumbled bit by bit every second.  I pushed the wall, its weight making the floor crumble even more with the screams from beneath being heard.

As quickly as I could I made my way down. All the spies were there, holding the roof up so it would not fall on them. Dust filled the air, everyone coughing while trying to catch their breath.

I ran up, going to the middle where I raised up my arms holding the cracks of the roof together so it would not fall. I could not help but groan from the pain that shot through my muscles not being meant to carry such weight.

"Everyone out!" I shouted as the first one let go rushing up the steps. Another one followed, the weight of the roof being more and more unbearable. A third one let go and made their way out.

"Klaus!"

I turned looking at Nicole, her face covered in dust with the tears cleaning their way down her cheeks.

"Go," I said causing her to nod her head and run out. The last of the spies let go and ran up joining the rest on the ground, they could not help but sigh and laugh from escaping the jaws of death. It seemed that as soon as they all got there they all suddenly realised that there was no way I was making it out of here alive as more of the wall fell off.

"Klaus!" It was Nicole shouting with the others holding her back.

"Klaus! Get out!" She screamed.

"The whole place will blow up in less than a minute. Go take shade." I shouted ignoring her cries not wanting to have to say words that would have me break in front of my men.

"Klaus no!" Her screams tore through my heart as I looked away.

"I am so sorry, I will not leave you brother. I will not! I should have listened to you. I should have come to the safe house. I am so sorry!" She coughed, the dust drying out her throat.

"Let me go!"

"Let me go!" She screamed as they hauled her away.

The two girls and one of my men came rushing in holding up the wall with me.

"What are you doing?" I asked perplexed.

"We will not leave you boss, no man of ours shall be left behind, remember?" They said back staring at me.

"Get out, go!" I did not even know what to say, my mind could not think right now. All I could see was Harley's face as the morning light shone on her face with a smile spreading across her face. All I could hear were Rina's laughs as she scratched my face away. All I could feel was my wife's hands as she pulled me closer to her lips. My heart came crushing down with my family in my mind. I wondered what would happen to them. I had failed them, failed to keep them safe. Was this the end? Would I never hear their laughs while I held them close to my chest? Fear spread like poison, fear of losing everything.

The sound came making it known that in a matter of seconds our fate would be tied. I blinked, swallowing as I came to terms with my fate.

"Alejandro,"

"Klaus,"

"Take care of them, they are at the East side safe house."

"I will boss,"

There was another explosion followed by another, moving closer and closer.

"I love you brother,"

It had been the last words I had heard before there was a blast nearby, a few seconds of silence passing by before the whole ground shook, the chopper exploding causing  the roof to collapse, large pieces falling to the ground, smoke clouding the area. A rock rolled closing the entry way leaving it dark with smoke filling the air. My arms were shaking, the weight being heavy as the concrete pressed down, blood dripped down my arm to my face. I could feel my bone about to snap, the pain exploding through so much as I held on, a picture of her face giving me the strength to hold on, to hold on for there was nothing more I wanted than to walk into her arms and never leave.

Another explosion hit sending me to the ground where I lay as the roof fell all around me. A hand grabbed mine drawing my attention as I turned around seeing the faces of my men who had been loyal to the last moment. I squeezed the hand back, a tear escaping from my eyes with the roof completely collapsing on our bodies.