chapter 5

I woke up with a start, my eyes scanned all over the room but found nothing. My whole body was drenched with sweat and uneasily shaking. My chest was sore and becoming more and more painful by the minute. My throat was closing in; I couldn't breathe. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I coughed harder and harder.

I had had that nightmare again. Even thinking about it made me want to cry. That night, it seemed like it was haunting my dreams. Every time I closed my eyes I would see Rafael's body laying on the ground, blood pooling under his head as his lifeless eyes stared at me. Then, just when I least expected it, his entire body would jerk upward, leading me to scream bloody murder.

My coughing didn't get better as I thought of the bits and pieces of the nightmare. I sat up in bed, my hand on my chest. This was the third time I had had this dream and it seemed like it wasn't going away any time soon.

I pressed my fingers to my forehead to calm my splitting headache. Just as my coughs came to a stop, I heard my baby cries through the monitor. I quickly turned and tried to reach the tablet to see what was happening at the nursery.

Czarina was laying on her belly crying. I looked at the time and it was 2 A.M in the morning. Just as I was about to get out of the bed, I saw the door of the nursery open through the tablet. Someone walked in and switched on the light.

Klaus walked to the crib, in his right hand was a bottle of my breast milk. He slowly approached the crib and scooped Czarina up before he brought the bottle of milk to her lips. Czarina greedily grasped at the bottle and drank the milk while her tiny feet scratched Klaus's chest.

The man was half naked, wearing just pyjama pants which hung on his hips showing his well toned muscles. His hair was all messy and he looked damn hot.

"Shh baby, you don't want to wake up mommy now do you?" I heard Klaus say through the baby monitor . Czarina was paying no mind to his words but was simply enjoying her midnight snack.

I felt guilty for what I had said to Klaus that day. No, I felt horrible. Ever since we got here, he had been nice and I had been constantly accusing and shouting at him like a pregnant woman.

Slowly I got out of the bed, my stomach's incision along with my chest hurt like a bitch . I wore my sleepers and walked to the door. I unlocked the door and walked out into the passage that was dimly lighted. Three guards were standing guarding my door, looking straight ahead with their hands behind their backs. I wondered how they did it. I would be dead asleep by now.

"Hi guys," I said, as I passed to the next room.

"Yes ma'am," they answered as the one who was my personal body guard followed behind me at a safe distance.

I took a deep breath before opening the door as my personal guard stood outside. Klaus didn't even turn to see who it was, but continued rocking my baby. I walked into the room and up to them.

" I'm sorry she woke you up," I said nervously.

"It's okay, I really don't mind," he said, still not looking at me.

He pulled the bottle out of the baby's mouth and placed it on the table next to the swing chair. He then tenderly placed the baby on his chest and rubbed her back.

"I see you have become a pro." I said with a soft smile.

"I had a good teacher, " he replied.

He then turned his head to look at me.

"Are you okay? You're looking quite pale." He said, a hint of worry in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Don't worry about me." His eyes lingered on me for a second before he returned his attention to the baby as she burped.