chapter one "Come Along then."

You’re laying in your room, wide awake thinking about Doctor Who. On the episode you just watched, the doctor and River were trapped in a cyber man graveyard, and you wonder if they’ll escape. You thought about the poor doctor. Alone and upset. You wish you could comfort him. All of the sudden you hear the familiar sound of the tardis. Could it be? Excitement rushes through your veins, you’ve always dreamed of hearing that sound late one night. You run and look out the window into the cold frosty air. You wipe away the frost fogging up the window, and almost fall over.  There’s the doctor ever so casually leaning against his phone booth. He looks up from investigating a rock on the ground and waves, jerking his thumb towards the tardis. You run to the door. “doctor, is that you?” you whisper. 

“Hurry up!” he calls back. You close the door behind you and run up to him. 

“Doctor… are you real?” 

“Good question. But, are you?” he scans you with the sonic screwdriver and you roll your eyes. 

“Are we going, or not?”

“oh yes, come along then.” he opens the tardis door and beckons you inside. Even though you expect it, you are still shocked that it’s so much bigger inside. “Yes, yes. Now stop mucking about and get some warmer clothes on.” he says, eyeing up your pajamas. “Up the stairs, through the corridor, turn left, walk straight, turn around and come back. Your room is the second door on your right, go inside turn left, walk to the closet-” 

“I’ll be fine from there, doctor.” you hurry off. This is it. The ACTUAL doctor. HERE. How can this be happening?  You CAN’T be dreaming. You go into the room and find it looking like it was made for you. It has a wardrobe, a TV with all the series of your favorite show, Doctor Who on DVD, posters depicting all your favorite things, and a closet full of clothes you’ve only ever dreamed about! You put on some jeans and a comfy sweatshirt, after you decide it‘d be too hard to run in a miniskirt and a police vest. They fit perfectly. Weird. Then again, everything about the doctor is weird. You hurry through the orange hallway and realize you took a wrong turn. You see a door left ajar. You look inside to see a room with a bunked. Does the doctor have children? After some investigating, you find a closet full of plaid shirts, and pictures of a smiling couple in as many different times and places that exist. Amy and Rory? NO WAY! 

“Where’ve you run off to….-” the doctor appears in the doorway. 

“I didn’t mean to intru-”  you begin, when you see his stricken face 

“Its fine, I just haven’t been by here since…” a long awkward pause. 

“Doctor?”

“Yes? Oh, YES. We should be off then, before someone notices a telephone box on your front lawn.” good point. He leads the way back to the main engine room. “so where exactly are we going?” you ask, as he pushes buttons all over the place, seemingly at random. “Well I haven’t quite gotten that figured out yet. But I’ll tell you when we get there!”