Monster

Angst

Y/n sat with his back against the all too familiar bathroom, although, there was a different reason. The aura of the large penthouse had turned from calm and quiet to tense and violent. Y/n had been on the phone with Chloe, talking about Lucifer. The said male overheard the sentence out of context, which led to where there were now. 

Y/n noticed his partner had quickly disappeared and ended his call early, chasing after the other male, finding him locked in the bathroom. Lucifer stood in front of the mirror, his devil face currently decorating his features, tears crowding in his eyes. "dammit," he mumbled out. "don't cry, don't let his see you like this." That one word rang in his head. Monster. That's what he believed himself to be; A dangerous, no good monster who only wanted to harm people. 

Y/n called out, his hands placed in his lap. "Baby, please don't lock yourself in there." Lucifer chuckled sadly. "I'm a monster." The h/c haired male sighed. "No, you're not." Y/n stood, placing his hand on the door knob. "Please, let me in." The male on the other side ignored the slightly taller one's request, staring at himself through the framed mirror. 

"Luci, I can't fathom what it feels like, especially in your position. You're so strong, yet so fragile. You put up this exterior so no one sees your true feelings because you're scared of being hurt time and time again from those you love and care about," Tears started falling from the shorter's eyes. "Even if i'm just one human, I still am gonna care about you and your feelings. There's no need to hide. Let me protect you. It's okay to be vulnerable. I'm the same way some days too."

Those last seven words made the fallen angel freeze. It's true that Y/n has had some pretty crappy days, and Lucifer was there for every second of it. Maybe he really had nothing to worry about. 

A quiet click was heard and Y/n opened the door, revealing Lucifer. The real him. Y/n approached the shorter male, cupping his cheeks. "Baby, I love every part of you. You're no monster." Tears began to roll down Lucifer's cheeks as his face turned back to the more familiar one. 

Y/n embraced his lover, holding him close. "It's alright," he spoke softly. "I'm right here." 

Minutes later, the two males made their way to the shared room, sitting on the bed. Y/n leaned against the headboard as Lucifer layed down, resting his head on the other's lap, feeling the taller's fingers run through his brown curls in a soothing manor. The devil's tears had turned into soft sniffles as his partner spoke soft, loving words to him.

"Luci, what made you think that you're a monster?" The other visibly cringed, but relaxed himself. "I'm the devil, I've always been seen as a monster, someone who tortures people and has fun doing it. Someone who's only happiness in life is the suffering of others. That may have been true at the start, But it's not. I was an angry child, I acted out, but, I suppose you can't teach and old dog new tricks." 

Y/n placed a soft kiss on the shorter's forehead. "You've made a choice to change, and to be someone different. That's not you anymore." The shorter shook his head. "That's not the point. I don't have a choice - I never did." 

The taller sighed softly once again. "You've always had a choice, my love. And what you've chosen is the right choice. You punish those that deserve it, that need to be taught a lesson. You enforce the rules of your father. You're an enforcer. Not a monster." "But-"

"No buts, baby. It's obvious that your father knew that you and only you were the best for this job. And the only person who's causing destruction, is you to yourself. You've always put others before you, I've witnessed it first hand. You're always making sure that other people are doing good, and being good people. That's not evil. Yes, you could've chosen to be that stereotypical evil devil guy, but, you're really not."

Those words hit something deep and the tears began to flow once again. y/n rubbed the back of his neck. "Ah, sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry." Lucifer sat up and wrapped his arms around his lover's neck. "Please, just hold me." 

Without speaking another word, Y/n wrapped his arms around Lucifer's torso, holding him protectively. "Please, don't leave me alone." Lucifer spoke through a broken voice. He was at his most vulnerable right now, his guard was completely down, and he was himself. 

"Hey, just breathe, It's all going to be okay, I'm here, love." 

Lucifer eventually fell into a comforting sleep, his head laying on his lover's shoulder, snoring softly. Y/n placed the sleeping male on his side of the bed, tucking him in comfortably. Y/n kissed his lover softly before getting up to change into something more comfortable, turning off the lights and crawling into bed beside his partner. 

Y/n pulled the fluffy comforter over his shoulders, pulling Lucifer into his arms, holding him lovingly. Soft kisses were placed on the devil's face as Y/n hummed 'you are my sunshine' softly, running his fingers through his love's hair once again. 

The sleeping male smiled softly and subconsciously let out a soft sigh, snuggling into the arms of the taller male, relaxing and slipping into an even deeper sleep.

Y/n placed one last kiss on his partner's forehead before whispering softly, "Goodnight, Luci. I Love you so much, you can't even comprehend. Even if you've fallen, you're still the most beautiful angel I've ever layed eyes on."

Y/n smiled happily before relaxing his head on the fluffy pillows, quickly falling into a deep sleep next to the one he loves.