Satisfied

Based off the song Satisfied from Hamilton the Musical. I've been obsessed with this song, so enjoy.

Kingdom / Fantasy / Omegaverse au

Angst

The Kingdom of Daedal. The wealthiest kingdom in the world. Our population is higher than any other kingdom's. I guess that's why we're here. I'm Y/n, the prince of this kingdom. I sit on the throne alongside my twin sister, S/n (sister name) and our parents, King and Queen L/n. Not only am I a prince, I'm also an omega; something really, really rare. My sister got the best side of the deal. She was born a Beta, and although her second gender wasn't as sought after as her wealth, she was still a beautiful, young princess who could get anyone she wanted.

***

Tonight was the night that my sister and I were to attend a ball held by our parents in hopes of us finding mates, and someone to take over the kingdom with.

I lay on my sister's large bed as she held up two dresses in each hand, going back and forth, staring at her reflection in the mirror placed in the corner of the room. I sighed softly. "What if neither of us find a mate, I mean, what would happen then?" My sister let out a soft giggle. "That's impossible. We're rich as hell, you're an omega, and i'm beautiful as hell. I Doubt that we're never gonna find mates." I let out a soft giggle. "I guess when you put it that way.." My sister swept her long H/c locks over her shoulder. "Of course I'm right. I'm the baby." The two of us shared a laugh, continuing to get ready for the upcoming party.

***

I Stood in the ballroom awkwardly, watching over all the couples that were dancing. I saw a male about my age walk through the large doors. He approached the throne where I resided with my parents; my sister off with her friends. He spoke in a thick accent. "Hello, King, Queen, Prince" he bowed slightly. I felt my face erupt in a light blush. When he said 'Hello' I forgot my damn name. "H-hi!" He chuckled at my shyness, holding his hand out. "May I have this dance?" I exchanged a glance with both of my parents, the two of them nodding and smiling at me. We made our way towards the middle of the ballroom. He took my hand in his, his hand wrapping around my waist as I placed my hand on his shoulder. We began to dance slowly as he spoke up. "You really strike me as a prince who has never been satisfied." I chuckled softly. "I'm sure i don't know what you mean. You forget yourself." He smiled down at me. "You're like me, I'm never satisfied." I met his hazel orbs, replying. "Is that right?" He replied quickly. "I have never been satisfied."

I smiled softly, thinking it was only right to start introductions. "My Name is Y/n L/n" He smiled softly, making me melt. "Lucifer Morningstar." I was interested and i'm sure he could tell. "Where's your family from?" He chuckled, shaking his head. "Unimportant."

I nodded, smiling softly as we continued our dance. The conversation lasted two minutes, maybe three minutes everything we said in total agreement, it's a dream and it's a bit of a dance. He's a bit of a flirt, but imma give it a chance. I admired his facial features closely as we danced along with the song, taking the spotlight. Handsome, boy does he know it. I wanna take him away from this place, but then i turn and see my sister's face and she is helpless.

And I realize three fundamental things at the exact same time. Our dance slowed as my sister approached, a soft smile plastered on her lips. I'm a boy in a world in which my only job is to marry rich. My father has no alpha children, so I'm the one who has to social climb for one. So I'm the oldest and the wittiest, I'm an omega who needs a mate as soon as possible, and Lucifer is penniless, but that doesn't mean I want him any less. "S/n L/n. It's a pleasure to meet you." Lucifer tilted his head as I stood beside the two. "L/n?" I spoke up. "My sister".

He's after me because I'm a L/n, that elevates his status. I'd have to be naive to set that aside, maybe that's why I introduce him to S/n. Nice going, Y/n. He was right, you will never be satisfied. The two chatted back and forth. I was called upon by my parents to aid in greeting other royals. I bowed slightly down to the male in front of me. "It was a pleasure to meet you." He smiled softly. "You, as well, my prince." I scurried off with a smile plastered on my lips.

***

My sister approached me on the throne, a smile plastered on her lips and a blush covering her face. "Thank you for introducing me to Lucifer, he's amazing. I..think I'm in love with him. I want to marry right away." I felt a physical pain in my heart as I flashed a sad smile. "That's great."

I know my own sister like I know my own mind, you will never find anyone as trusting or as kind. If I tell her that I love him she'd be silently resigned. He'd be Mine! She would say 'I'm fine', she'd be lying...but when I fantasize at night, It's Lucifer's eyes as I romanticize what might have happened if I hadn't sized him up so quickly.

***

The wedding approached quickly, and soon enough I was standing, making a toast. "A toast to the Groom! To the Bride! From your brother, who's always by your side! To your union! And the hope that you provide. May you always, be satisfied!" I held my tears back. It hurt. So much.

And I know she'll be happy as his bride. And I know, he will never be satisfied. I will never be satisfied.