Adjusting to the truth

After All Might randomly flew into the battlefield and defeated the Nomu.

After that fateful day, Izuku and Aizawa were emitted to the hospital. The aftermath of the attack left a scar on everyone or was left as a reminder. But to Mei, it was a hit with the truth.

There was without a thought that the idea did strike Mei but she had always been careful about it lately Mei's been so happy that she forgot about it.

Being a wealthy billionaire's daughter had its perks but it mostly had their downfalls. Mei's family were always targeted which explained Endeavor being her and her brother's bodyguard but that also meant that there was a chance that someone would sneak their way into her family's fortune the slyest way possible.

It was definitely something that wasn't uncommon in families like hers.

The school trip was canceled and everyone returned home. On the way home, Mei hadn't talked to anyone including Katsuki or Airi which the former found strange.

The rest of the week would be canceled for the students in UA to adjust to the events and for the school board to plan their next actions.

She was really confused and so out of it. Spending her time doing nothing at home for the first time Mei had new thoughts and realizations she noticed:

'The villains were after me.'

'I am not safe.'

'I can't trust anyone.'

Her mind had been too preoccupied with the turn of events to the point where she was silent on the day back to school. The car ride with Airi was so silent it was beginning to make the latter uncomfortable to the point where she'd purposely try to embarrass herself or make unlogical actions in order to get a reaction out of Mei however nothing worked.

"Mei? Come on tell me what's wrong Mei." Airi said, her eyes filled with genuine worry for her best friend.

Mei sighed heavily and looked out the window avoiding her gaze "A new perspective has just been discovered, and it is something that I never thought I'd have to face this early in my youth."

Despite the obvious hint of deep poetry and metaphoric techniques Airi already knew what she meant knowing her for many years and understanding the pain, Airi sat on her seat facing forward also taking the silent route.

To the driver of the limo, it was the most silent ride he's ever driven the two, he was beginning to miss the antics from the turquoise haired girl and the smart remarks from the black-haired heiress.

In the hallways through class, Mei hadn't uttered a single word to anyone which made people almost uncanny at the quiet Mei. Throughout the whole school day, Airi kept stealing glances at Mei worriedly as Katsuki seemed to be trying to get her in a talking mood all-day.

During lunchtime~~

Katuski asked threatened Mei to meet with him on the roof to talk. Mei nodded without even caring for her body slugging and a purple aura seems to follow her as she followed after him not even questioning the probability of falling.

Opening the door for both of them Katsuki held it open long enough until Mei was through the gap and onto the platform before closing it, and then walking towards the railing until he put a hand on it. Mei didn't even follow him this time she stayed rooted to the spot instead of waiting for whatever Katsuki needed to say before she could go back downstairs to finish her lunch.

"What's bothering you," Katsuki asked loud enough for her to hear, Mei didn't even blink already expecting this considering how thoughtful Katsuki is, "You and I both know you are upset. Your not dumb, and so I am."

Katsuki then advanced forward to Mei, "It's all my fault." she whispered.

Advancing closer Katsuki put two arms on her shoulders "Not what was that." he said in an unintentional husky voice prompting a blush from Mei.

"I said it's all my fault! The villains! Izuku getting hurt! And putting everyone else in danger!" Mei admitted feeling some sort of burden being lifted from her shoulders.

Before she could list any more points Katsuki pulled her into a tight embrace halting her from her previous thoughts as she snuggled into the warmth as she felt Katsuki entangling his fingers into her hair. After that, they just stayed silent with each in a tight embrace. No more words were exchanged.

No more needed to be.

Katsuki already knew.

At the end of the day Airi felt disappointed in herself that she couldn't support Mei she used to or help her out of this stage she is experiencing. By the time Airi has an idea, it is already the end of school. And all it took was a few stalker-ish skills and some expert-level negotiating skills to make it happen.

From the distance, she could see Mei giving Katsuki a hug before parting their ways. Airi's eyes gleamed when Mei turned to look at her expectantly as she jogged towards the girl.

"Airi. From this morning I-" Mei started shyly twiddling her thumbs together.

"No No no, it's fine I understand," Airi said smiling warmly at her trying to contain the excitement but failing miserably, Mei raised an eyebrow almost scared at the sight of a new Airi "We all have our off days, you just barely have them!"

Mei looked unsure at her best friend's reply but decided not to question it as she has already been forgiven.

From a distance away they both could hear Katsuki screaming insults at Airi for this time no reason.

"What is-?"

Airi cut her off by shoving Mei into the car before screaming out a "Nevermind"

"I never let my best friend do stupid things ...alone."