Changes

Mei waited for Shoto. Everyday she would often glance at her window to see if he would come. Still no sign. At school he's been so distant sitting at the back of class. He would even spare her a glance when she called out for him.

One day at the kindergarten at playtime she tapped on Shoto's shoulder. He didn't move nor react to it. "Shoto, what's wrong?" Mei asked her eyes full of worry. The boy didn't respond to her. "Shoto tell me-" she was cut off when Shoto turned around. Mei was shocked to find his right eye burned.. no Scarred!

Mei was standing with her mouth dropped open, by this time everyone was staring at the two. Mei was covering her mouth with her hands, tears already threatening to fall from her sapphire eyes. She was about to say something but was cut off by Shoto's screaming "DON'T LOOK AT ME!" he then hugged his knees and turned around from her and faced the tree. "Just leave me alone.." he whimpered crying into his knees.

Mei could only stand there in conflict as her best friend was crying his eyes out. Mei tried to get close to Todoroki and reach her hand out for his shaking shoulder "..Hey Shoto.." before she could touch his shoulder the boy already forcefully stopped her hand and squeezed it really tight. Mei stared in horror as her best friend was glaring at her with eyes she had never seen before. "Shoto..." Mei gasped.

The girl then felt a painful sensation on her hands, she looked down at her hands and saw that Shoto was freezing it with his ice. Once they both realized the situation Shoto yanked his hadn't away from her and ran away leaving the girl on the grass. She was on her bum looking at Shoto who hurriedly rushed back to class.

Whispers were heard from the students as they had witnessed the scene of violence before them. Mei sat frozen on the ground watching where Shoto was before he turned a corner. Then several teachers and other students rushed over to her aid. A teacher was shaking her "Miss Qiang! Are you okay?!" she exclaimed in worry like the others.

All those teachers they were all nice and friendly towards her, not because she was a friendly person, but of her status. Mei never noticed but the teachers took priority for Mei for than the lessons or any other students. If anything was to be wrong with her they'd have to face the wrath of her father. He is a very powerful man who could make hell for anyone's life with his wealth. The other's parents were told strictly by their parents to act friendly towards Mei otherwise it could effect their jobs. Even Endeavor told Shoto to act nice with her otherwise he'd have to find another organization to work under, and that will effect his hero rank, and he didn't want that to happen because of his own son's mistake.

"Miss Qiang, are you okay?!"

"Qiang-sama! Did he hurt you?!"

"I'm ok." Mei reassured them as she smiled at them making them sigh in relief as they saw that she was okay. But immediately everyone's attention drifted to her hand.

"Qiang-sama! Your..arm!!"

Mei's attention then looked at her hand, and gasped once seeing that it was coated in frostbite. The strangest thing was that she didn't even feel it. While all the teachers and students were panicking in the background Mei focused an unknown power to her hands, she saw that her hand was slowing turning black scaring the students and teachers making them step away from her.

Then the black started to spread to her hand, instantly the ice melted from her hand resulting into water to evaporate into the sky. She looked at her hand in awe as it was covered in a hot liquid substance. Once a bit of it fell on the ground it melted through the fresh cut clean grass and into the ground, sinking deeper every second.

"Miss Qiang." hearing her name Mei whipped her head to the teacher accidentally spilling some of the hot liquid near the teacher making them back away even more now. The teacher adjusted his glasses as he examined the quirk. The teachers huddled around her and began taking notes about her quirk as she just stood there no longer worrying about her newly discovered quirk - but about Shoto.