Competition

"I can't believe you lied to me.." Mei sulked as everyone made their way outside of the gym and out into the field where they will be doing their standing long jump test.

Airi was behind her rubbing her neck sheepishly "What can I do, it was really the only thing that could get you to activate your power." she said.

"But why Bakugou?" Mei groaned hiding her face in her hands out of embarrassment.

"Because majority of the class already knows." Tsuyu said as she was walking besides them to the next test. Mina along with Toru was also with them as they have already created a friend group already since they all enjoyed girly things.

It felt like a knife pierced through Mei's precious heart at the news. "Only the girls know about it and I think.. some of the boys too." Toru said. Mei felt another knife being stabbed.

Mina's then put her arm around Mei's shoulders in a action to calm her down. "Hey, don't worry Mei-chan that's the worst it could get, right?" Mina reasoned trying to cheer the girl up "It's not like Bakugou knows."

"He already knows." Airi said bluntly. This time instead of a knife Mei felt a bombshell being dropped on her head. "During that time when literally all the girls have talked about it, no doubt our whispers were loud. Even someone outside the gym could hear it." Mei's face paled as her cheeks were about to explode out of embarrassment.

"Whaaa.. Somebody.. kill me..." Mei groggily totally losing it as she almost fainted, but Airi caught her before she did along with Tsuyu.

Mei was met eye-level with Airi as she stared at her best friend seriously. "Mei. We have no time to be thinking about this. Remember we are rivals and it wouldn't be fair on my behalf if your distracted. Let's get this test over with already. With no further distractions." she scolded with a glare.

"Airi-chan, aren't you a bit harsh on-" Toru reasoned but was cut off by Mei who's body stood straight with confidence.

''You're right. Let's finish this quickly and really see who's number one out of both of us." Mei said as she and Airi were having an intense staredown at each other. The girls can clearly see lightning in between them as their chest's touched and their faces were a good distance apart from one another with both their arms crossed.

"Don't forget in the end you'll lose to me, Magma-mutt!"

"Bring it on, Dragon Breath!"

"You guys are really getting fired up!!" the girls sweat dropped at the pair.

Test 3: Standing long jump

'For this test me and Airi could use our quirks to assist us in jumping past the expected line.' Mei thought as she watched Airi in the air on her dragon's back, cheering as she came first in class.

Mei went up next and used her Lava to give her a push into the air. She prepared herself and launched herself into the air. She landed on a scorched mark which is where she presumed to be Airi's landing spot. They both landed on the same spot! Mei went back to where everyone else was and watched the next person - Bakugou Katsuki. He easily crossed the line with ease. Airi could see that Mei was easily getting distracted again.

Airi felt annoyed that her friend wasn't taking the test seriously, her foot moved upwards before she landed it down on Mei's foot. Mei was silent for a moment.. until she felt the pain on her foot. "ITAI!" she screamed holding her foot and falling backwards in the process.

"Hey Mei-chan, are you okay?" a boy with spiky red hair asked as he reached his hand out for the girl on the ground. Mei took his hand and stood up again.