Plans

Nick has to spend the night in the hospital before he can be released, so Kevin drives Joe and Priyanka back to my house to collect their belongings before driving their separate cars back here to the hospital. Priyanka will be grabbing Nick's bag and car, Joe and Kevin their own. While they are gone, I stay in the room with my cousin while he sleeps so he won't wake up alone.

"Harper?" Nick asks, stirring after three hours of rest.

"Hey, Nicky," I respond.

"Where's everyone else?"

"Getting all the stuff you guys left at my house. They'll be back soon," I say.

"Can I tell you something? But it has to be kept secret," Nick says at once.

"Of course," I say.

"This whole experience, it's made me realize one thing. Every time you smile, you laugh, you glow, you don't even know how much time you have left. The whole situation can change in an instant, and with that in mind, I think I want to have my wedding soon. I don't want to wait any longer, and I think it would be nice to be officially married before we leave for tour next month," he explains.

"Aww, Nicky," I say, beaming at him. "Go for it! That's so sweet."

"Do you think Priyanka would be okay with that on such short notice, though?" he asks.

"Well, she's engaged to you, isn't she? I'm sure she'd be happy to finish the deal," I tell him.

"You're right. I'll talk to her about it when she gets back from your house. And also, there's another thing."

"What's that?"

"I don't know why it took me so long to realize this, but I don't like having you live alone at only seventeen years old. I want to make sure my favorite cousin always stays safe," he says.

"So where do you want me to live?" I ask him, confused.

"I'd have to talk to Pri about it, but would you maybe want to move in with us? Or, if not us, Joe and Sophie would probably-"

"But, I don't want to be a burden on anyone," I say.

"Harper, we all love you so much. You'd never be a burden."

I heave a sigh. As much as I don't like living alone, is it weird to move in with your cousin and his soon to be wife? He doesn't seem to think so, but what will Pri think? I know her pretty well, but I don't think we know each other well enough to start living together. However the concern in Nick's eyes for me right now makes me cave, as I'm sure he knew it would.

"If Priyanka agrees, and you really want me to, I'll move in with you. I know you're just trying to do what's best for me."

He smiles wide, obviously pleased with himself for getting me to agree, and the other three walk into the room.

"Hey, Nick. Good to see you awake," says Kevin, and Nick nods.

"I'm feeling a lot better now," he says.

"Thank God," says Joe.

"Pri, can I talk to you? Um, in private?" Nick says. Priyanka nods, and Kevin, Joe and I stand in the hallway and close the door so they can get their privacy.

The two of them talk for a few minutes before Priyanka opens the door and my cousins and I reenter the room.

"Hey, roomie," she says, smiling, and Nick beams at me from the bed.

"Seriously?" I ask, grinning widely, looking between her and Nick.

"Of course! It's gonna be great," she says.

"Thank you guys so much," I say.

Nick clears his throat, and Pri looks back at him, smile widening. Here it comes, I think.

"We actually have another announcement. For all of you," Nick says, looking at me.

Joe and Kevin just look confused, but I give Nick an encouraging smile and he proceeds. "We're having our wedding next week. In India. More than one ceremony, actually, to celebrate both faiths," he rushes out.

"Next week?" Joe says, laughing as he runs his hand through his hair.

"Uh, yeah. We've basically got it all planned out already, and I can secure the facilities," says Priyanka.

"Congratulations, guys, I'm really happy for you!" Kevin says, and the couple beam at him.

"Thanks, Kev. I know it's short notice, but of course I want the three of you to stand up in it," says Nick.

"Yes. We discussed this as well, Kevin and Joe will be groomsmen and Harper, you'll be one of my bridesmaids," says Priyanka.

"Really?" I squeal.

"Girl, it would be my honor," she says, and I throw myself at her for a hug. "Thank you, Priyanka!"

"So then it's settled. Clear your schedules," Nick jokes, and together Priyanka and Nick call their families to let them know, including Frankie, so that they can plan to be in India for the ceremonies and, in Frankie's case, agree to be a groomsman.

Preparation begins as soon as Nick is released from the hospital tomorrow morning.