Flight

Over the next few days, I text back and forth with Laine about whatever pops into our minds. We also FaceTime quite a bit, in an effort to see each other again. It's also something to do that isn't bothering Nick and Priyanka, as they scramble to finish wedding plans before we leave for India. The night before we leave, I decide to text Laine about going to India after I finish packing, winding down to go to bed early since we have to get up at the crack of dawn for our flight.

I smile at the phone, thinking of how much I wish he was coming with us but know that I will see him as soon as we get back

I turn some music on low, setting an alarm before I fall asleep, which goes off in the morning before I even feel like I've gone to bed

I turn some music on low, setting an alarm before I fall asleep, which goes off in the morning before I even feel like I've gone to bed. Sighing, I wake up, shower quickly, and get dressed in comfy clothes for the flight. I throw my hair back in a ponytail and bring my luggage downstairs, where I sit in the living room to wait for Nick and Priyanka. They're downstairs a few minutes later looking a little stressed and tired but ready to go nonetheless.

"Okay, sooo...Joe, Sophie, Kevin, Danielle, Alena, and Valentina are meeting us at the airport. Everything we need for the wedding already got shipped to India. That means we're good to go, I think," Nick says, and Priyanka nods.

"Let's get going before your brothers beat us to the airport," she says, and we pack our luggage into the car and leave the house.

Two hours later we're boarding the plane, which has two seats on the right, three in the middle, and two on the left. I end up in the middle with Sophie and Joe, Pri and Nick on the left and Alena and Valentina on the right. Kevin and Danielle are in the seats behind their daughters. It's almost a day long flight, so we've got to get comfy and try to stay productive. And by three hours into it, I've finished my book, listened to my whole playlist, and I'm very ready for the flight to be over. Only twenty hours to go.

The airline company serves us lunch around the seven hour mark, and dinner around the thirteen hour mark. For the rest of the time, I listen to my playlist on repeat and try to text Laine using the crappy airline wifi. I can only send a few messages, but it's better than nothing.

Once I can't send any texts, I decide to bother Joe as he and Sophie watch the seventh Harry Potter movie

"Joeyyyy," I say, and he rolls his eyes playfully, pausing the movie.

"Harperrrr," he says back.

"How's your flight going," I laugh.

"Just grand. I'm so bored," he says, and I nod.

"Me too," I say, giving up on staying busy and trying to sleep for the remaining hours of the trip.

Joe shakes me awake early the next morning, as people in the front of the plane are getting off.

"We're here, thank God," he says, and I grin, stretching.

The whole group of us basically runs off the plane and into the airport, not wanting to be confined any longer. That's when it hits me. Mumbai. I'm really all the way across the world right now. For my cousin's wedding. This is going to be an amazing experience.

Note: I'm sorry, I know this chapter is trash but I needed a filler between them being at home and the wedding! Thank you for reading :)