Camp Rock

We return to the kitchen to find the pizza cut and on plates already. The four of us each grab a plate of food and sit at the breakfast bar together, as we used to when they would come over in the summer while my parents were still alive.

"So, Joey, how's it going balancing the Jonas Brothers and DNCE?" I ask.

"Well, it's a little interesting, but I'm more focused on Jonas Brothers. I only really do stuff with DNCE when I'm feeling a different vibe, you know?" he says, and I nod. DNCE is a little different taste than Jonas Brothers, but still awesome.

"So, what should we do tonight?" asks Nick, as it is only 5:30.

"Please don't say what I think you're going to say," says Joe.

"Camp Rock 1 and 2, baby!" I say excitedly, and Joe groans.

"Are you serious? Why do you love to do this to me," he says, covering his face with his hands.

"Because it's fun, and I love those movies," I say.

"Then both Camp Rock movies it is," says Nick.

"Joe, just be glad she doesn't want to watch Jonas LA," says Kevin.

"Don't give her any ideas," Joe says, glaring at him.

I laugh, taking their plates and washing them off. Kevin comes over to help me clean off the pizza pans, and when we have the kitchen cleaned up we head into the living room and settle ourselves for the movie marathon. Joe sits on the floor 'because I want to be ready for my performances', according to him. Nick sits next to me on the couch and Kevin sits across the room in the recliner chair. I turn the tv on and navigate to Disney Plus, clicking past Jonas LA and the Jonas Brothers Concert Experience to find Camp Rock.

I get the movie started and Joe's already groaning, but nobody says anything to him as we reach the scene where Mitchie is watching HotTunes and sees Shane Gray has been causing trouble again.

"Such a troublemaker, Joe," Kevin comments.

"But it worked out for me, though, didn't it?" remarks Joe, and I laugh.

"I can't believe we looked like that," says Nick as we reach the scene where Shane is being dropped off at camp.

"I can't believe my hair looked like that. Why'd you let me leave the house like that?" says Kevin.

"To be honest, I don't know, man," Joe says, earning himself a smack to the chest from his older brother.

"You're telling me I'm related to those ugly dudes?" I say, grinning.

"Hey!" they all yell.

We make it through the movie with a lot of commentary, and each time any of them is on screen singing a song they sing along with it. Joe even does the entire Shane Gray dance, though it doesn't look as nice as it does in the movie. Then, I start the second one.

"Do we really have to watch both of them," says Joe, face palming.

"Um yeah! The second one is better anyway," I say.

"Why, because your favorite cousin is in it more?" says Nick cheekily.

"Maybe," I grin, and we watch.

At the scene where Nick canoes over to meet up with Dana, and he falls into the water, he shudders. "It was freezing during this scene. I was trying so hard not to shiver, since it's supposed to be summer camp, but I was so cold that didn't really happen."

"I remember that. Everyone was bundled up in winter coats and here's Nick, soaking wet in a t-shirt and shorts. He could barely say his lines, he was so cold. As soon as the scene was over, the crew wrapped him in this huge ass blanket," says Joe.

"Poor Nicky," I say.

"It was traumatizing," Nick jokes.

"Such a drama queen," says Kevin, and we keep watching.

They all sing along to this movie too, but this time Joe has to look up some of the lyrics on his phone.

"This was a long time ago," he says defensively.

"Orrrr you just don't have a good memory," says Kevin, and Joe shrugs and nods.

"Or that."