Family

"Frankie just texted. Apparently they just landed," Nick says, sounding excited.

"Already? They're early," I say, and he nods.

"Yeah, they are, but that's probably good because then we can actually do something tonight," he says.

"My mom just called, they were on the same flight as your family so they're here too," Laine says, and I gulp. No one else notices though, thank the lord.

"Oh, nice! That makes it convenient," Nick laughs, and Laine nods.

I leave the two of them on the couch in the living room and head into the kitchen, needing to clear my head for a second. Joe's sitting at the breakfast bar watching Survive, Sophie's show on Quibi, when I enter. I go to the fridge and grab a water bottle, and then I sit down in the seat next to him.

"What's up?" he asks, pausing the show to look at me.

"Nothing. I'm just nervous," I tell him, and he gives me a quizzical look.

"Why?" he asks.

"Because I'm meeting Laine's family," I say, and he nods.

"Ah. I remember meeting Soph's, and how I was nervous, but there was really nothing to worry about. There won't be for you either. Everyone always loves your personality, and they'll notice how much you like Laine," Joe says.

"Thanks, Joe," I say, and he smiles as he continues watching Survive. I watch with him for a little while before Sophie herself comes down to the kitchen.

"Aww, you guys are watching my show!" she says, and I nod, not taking my eyes off the screen.

"We're on episode 3," Joe says.

"I hope you like it. I wasn't sure how it would go over with an audience," she says.

"No, no, it's really good!" I assure her.

Nick walks in soon after, Laine right behind him.

"Guys, what do you want to do tonight? Both families are here, so we should probably figure that out," Nick says.

"I don't know. Why don't we just ask them when we pick them up?" Joe says.

"We're almost at the airport now. And you know I like to have a plan," Nick retorts.

"Nicky, just let them decide. I'm sure your mom'll have some ideas anyway," I tell him, and he nods.

"Fine. Is Pri still upstairs?" Nick asks, and when Sophie says yes, he heads off to find her.

"Harper, can I talk to you a second?" Laine asks, and I follow him back into the living room before he continues to speak. "I can tell you're nervous. I promise, they're going to love you. They'd be absolutely insane not to."

"But it's such a big thing, meeting your family," I tell him, and he brings me in for a hug.

"I know. But, Harper, I love you, and they will too," he says.

"I love you too, Laine," I say, and he grins as we pull apart.

We drive for a few more miles before pulling into the pickup zone at Phoenix Sky Harbor airport. The bus goes around in circles a few times, not being allowed to stop unless someone is actually getting on board, but finally we see the Jonases and the Hardys standing side by side, Frankie sitting on his suitcase as they wait for us.

"Mom! Dad! Kyle! Brittany!" Laine yells, running off the bus to hug them.

I giggle at his excitement, following Nick and Priyanka off the bus to greet everyone. I let Laine have his own little moment with his family before going over to them, sticking to my family first.