We Can Make It Work

3rd POV

Now everything is back to normal, well kinda. "Nice shot captain!" Harry is back practicing basketball with his team.

"Yeah!" He shouted.

"Zn4, and by doing that, you end up with two..." Louis trailed off. "... and two, Got it?" Louis is back training for the scholastic decathlon with Liam and the academic team.

"Yes!" Liam high fives a member and looks back at Louis smiling.

After practice Harry showered really quick so he wouldn't be late picking up Louis. And his team clapped when Harry raced out knowing he's following his dreams.

"What's happening?" Someone from the academic team asked about what Louis wants them to do.

"Come here. Go ahead and put five grams of this in, and that causes it to change from an acidic state. Causing the color to change from pink to blue. Just like those pH strips. Got it?" Louis smiled at the team. He looked at the clock seeing he needs to meet up with Harry. "Oh, gotta go. See you guys later!" He raced out of the room and ran to the spot he's suppose to meet Harry.

Harry being the sarcastic man he is, he acted like he was waiting for Louis like forever.

Suddenly Louis ran up to Harry and grabbed his hand and started dragging him. "Whoa! You're late!" Harry joked.

"Shut up! You probably been there for about a minute."

"How would you know? I might've showered earlier to smell pleasant." The duo both laughed and went to the music room to meet Demi.

"Oh great you guys are here! I was think putting this in a different key." Demi started playing the piano and Harry and Louis picked up.

... strength to believe

We're soarin'

Flyin'

There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach' they sang together. They both smiled thinking how great the song is turning out.

Outside in the halls Taylor was mumbling hers and Niall's song, Bop To The Top. Suddenly she stopped and Niall looked at her strangely. She turned her head seeing Louis and Harry in the music room.

If we're tryin

She heard Harry belt out. She gasped thinking that Liam's and Zayn's plan would've worked but didn't. "I thought they were mad at each other. Louis left Harry angry last week. Now they're back together?"

"They're confusing sometimes but they're awesome to hang out with."

"I have to do something. OK, our callbacks on Thursday and the basketball game and scholastic decathlon are on Friday. Too bad all these events weren't happening on the same day... at the same time." She smirked thinking about her plan.

"Why would you want to do it? Just let them tryout. It's not going to kill you if they just tried."

"But what if Louis actually got the part? It will be the first show I won't be a main role! You know how terrible that would be?" She ranted.

"Really bad?" Niall questioned her.

"Yeah!" With that she stormed off.

They both went into the auditorium, not seeing Demi working on Harry's and Louis' song, and started arguing with Miss Flack. "I don't want to hear any more about Harry and that Tomlinson guy. So, if you're telling me as co-presidents of the drama club that changing the callbacks would be what's best for our theater program, I might actually agree with you." Miss Flack said making Demi look up. Taylor cheered silently and ran out the door. Niall looked over seeing Demi who is confused. He mouthed 'sorry' to her then she caught on. She sighed and gave up on the music arrangements and shut off the piano light.

The next day Demi was standing where the callback list was waiting for Harry and Louis. Suddenly Harry, Louis, and their groups came into the school. "No problem at all. It was crazy, man." Zayn said to Harry about hanging out. When Harry looked forward he saw Demi staring at something. Wondering what she's looking at he saw the callback sheet.

"Callbacks the same time as the game?!" He exclaimed.

"And the scholastic decathlon." Louis said looking at the sheet.

"Why would they do that?" Liam asked but Louis shrugged.

"I smell a rat named Flack." Zayn said.

"I think it's only one rat, not named Flack." Demi spoke up.

"Do you know something about this." Zayn looked down at Demi. "Small person?" Zayn asked.

"Miss Flack thinks she's protecting the show, but Taylor is only concerned with protecting herself." Demi looked at Harry and Louis.

"Is it because I misplaced my footing in the cafeteria or got the callbacks." Louis asked.

"Probably both." Harry said which made Louis sigh.

"Wait that was you?" Zayn asked. Louis nodded. "Dude that was amazing! But anyway, do you know what I'll do to that show dog?"

"Nothing. We're not gonna do anything to them. Except to sing, maybe. Now this is only gonna happen if we all work together. Now who's in?" Harry pulled out his hand. Everyone looked around wondering who will be the first to join in. Louis smiled at reached for Harry's free hand and smiled. Then more people joined.

"You know I'm in." Zayn commenting.

Author's Note: Surprise!!!! I decided to update this story right before the new year! Just like in the movie they meet on New Years and began a friendship/relationship. So anyway I so excited to see you all next year and how all of you enjoy my books. I thought I was gonna cry. You guys rock! Thanks for making me feel like I'm part of something that everyone likes. But a side from that I love you all and I will see you next year! Don't forget to keep smiling!!!!! Also don't forget to Vote/Comment/and Fan if you like it. Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ali Xx :)