Chapter 11: Stay With Me

Cecelia's POV:
___________________________________________
"Don't pick it up." He warns.

"It could be important!" I protest.

"Don't pick it up." I bite my lip and look back and forth between him and my phone. Realization dawns on his face and we both lunge for it. He gets to it first and picks it up.

"Hello?"

"No." He sighs.

I try to punch him, but he grabs my hand. "Not this weekend. At all."

"Goodbye."

"Who was it?" I ask.

"Caroline, she says she completely understands and hopes we both have a good weekend." He shuts off my phone and pockets it.

"This isn't fair and could you let go of my hand?"

"It's completely fair." He blushes slightly, but lets go.

"How?" I demand.

"Ever since football started back we haven't had a chance to ourselves. Now it's almost one week until July and I feel I haven't seen you all summer-"

"You have though! Everyday!"

"True, but we haven't been alone. There's always someone there. I miss you and I think it's okay if we have this weekend to ourselves."

"Fine." I walk out of my room and quickly walk to my office. I turn to shut the door, but it won't shut all the way.

"Think you could get rid of me that easily?" I can practically feel him smirking.

"No, but I was hoping."

He pushes the door open, against my will. "Aw c'mon, you don't mean that."

"I know, I'm sorry. Coach has been hard on us this week." I sigh and rub my eyes.

"Very brutal, wonder why he gave us tomorrow off."

"I don't know. It's unlike him to end on Thursdays and give us Friday off. Must be personal reasons."

"I'm definitely not complaining though. Hope everything is okay. You tired?"

"Exhausted."

"Maybe this will help." I panic for half a second thinking he is going to kiss me. Instead he wraps me up in a bear hug and I feel foolish that I'd think like that.

"Gross Ashton! We're both sweaty. Get away!"

"Fine, we can both get a shower."

"What-" He cuts me off by picking me up over his shoulder. "Let me down!" I pound his back.

"I don't think I will." He laughs and I can feel it rumble through him.

"Would you stop moving? It's hard to open doors when your thrashing around."

"I would stop if you'd let me down."

"As you wish." He sets me down. I finally realize we're in my bathroom and he took my socks off.

I feel cold water run down my back and I scream. Ashton is doubled over laughing and I'm soaking wet. I smirk and quietly walk over to him.

"Hey Ash?" I tap on his shoulder.

He looks up at me and the smile is wiped off his face, replaced with a look of pure horror. He turns and runs full force with me on his tail. He jumps the couch and ducks down between the two sides. I stop on the side and crouch down so he can't see me.

"I know you're there." He pauses. "I think." I hear him mumble and I have to stifle a laugh.

I crawl to the opening to the couch and peer in. He's sitting with his back to me, arms wrapped around his legs. I crawl to the back of the couch. I crouch down facing away from the couch.