Chapter 3: Run it Again

Cecelia's POV:
___________________________________________
I pull away from the embrace and wipe my eyes. I don't cry, ever. The only people that have seen me cry are Ashton and my dad. I blush, embarrassed for crying.

I get up and grab my water bottle from the stand. I really don't know when I'll be able to forgive him. It wasn't just the rules he broke that hurt me. It was also that I was sick with worry when he didn't text or call me back yesterday. Then today when he said he couldn't pick me up.

"So, milkshakes or no?" He knows I'm a sucker for milkshakes, but I don't want to go anywhere with him right now. It would just be silent and uncomfortable for the both of us.

"Maybe after football later. I don't think I could stomach them right now." I know I was lying, but I didn't know what else to say.

"Okay," he agrees. "Your dad was making lunch. Want to grab some, then watch tv?" He scratches the back of his head like he always does when he's nervous.

"Yeah, sounds good," I say and bound up the stairs before he can say anything else. He's right behind me as I enter the kitchen. I know I look like hell, but my dad doesn't ask anything. He gives us our plates, takes his own and walks into the living room.

I sigh and walk back downstairs. We set our plates on the coffee table and turn on the TV. He grabs the remote and turns on last night's game that I recorded.

"You could've totally avoided that 10-yard penalty dumbass!" He yells and I chuckle.

"I don't know why you get a shower, you're just gonna get sweaty again," he states stealing glances my way.

"I can't stand sitting in my sweat. I find that disgusting. Don't you?" He shrugs. Guys are so nasty. Yet, I know he took a shower I can smell his body wash on him.

"If you, me, and Zac Efron were stuck in a room together that seemed impossible to get out of and he said he knew the way out, would you go with him or stay with me not knowing that you'll escape?"

I just stare at him. Who in the world asks questions like that? "Uh, you Duh." He smiles his smile that makes my heart melt. I realize he's trying to make me forgive him, and if I don't walk away now, I might just do exactly that.

I get up and walk out the french doors that lead from my room to the backyard. I hear the doors close and I know he is behind me. I sit in one of the swings that faces the town. My dad and I live on a hill with an amazing view of the town.

"I don't know what to do." He sighs." I don't like you being mad at me."

"Oh, so you think I enjoy being mad at you?"

"Of course not! Look, I know I broke the rules but is that the only reason you're mad?"

"No you insensitive jerk!" I scream, I can feel the tears forming in the corner of my eyes. "I was worried sick about you yesterday! You didn't respond to me all night and then you text me saying you can't pick me up! What am I supposed to think?"

He stays silent for a minute. I know I may have hurt him a little but truth is, he deserves it.

Ashton's POV:
___________________________________________
I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything at all. I felt horrible. I didn't realize that I made her worry.

"I have to go," I say and quickly walk to my truck. I'm mad. Mad at myself for being such an idiot. Mad at Emmet for dragging me to that stupid party. I have to figure out how to make her forgive me. I put the truck in reverse and drive to Wesley's.

I race to the door as soon as I get out. I didn't bother knocking and ran straight to his room. I yank his door open and walk straight to his bed. He turns away from his computer and just stares at me.