Chapter 37: Part 2

Ashton's POV:
___________________________________________
*Almost 3 days after Cece goes missing*

"Ashton, slow the fuck down," Emmet demands.

I roll my eyes and don't bother replying. I'm not going to slow down, it's been over two days and she's still missing. Driving like my grandpa isn't going to get us anywhere. I take a right a little too fast and Emmet and Archer hang on for dear life. I do slow down once I near the police station.

I get out and head straight for the door without waiting on them. They catch up pretty fast and Emmet shoves me. "You need to slow down. She wouldn't want anyone getting hurt," he tells me angrily.

"I know, but we need to find her," I say, trying to get my point across for the hundredth time.

He grabs my arm and jerks me to a stop. "We all want to find her, trust me, but we have to be alive to do that."

"I'm sorry," I say, running a hand down my face. "I'm just scared Em. I don't want her out there for a second longer. I don't know where she is, what's happening, who's she with, and-and I'm just scared."

"Well, standing here talking about it isn't going to do a damn thing," Archer says decisively. "We should probably go in."

Emmet cracks a smile and slaps him on the back. "You're absolutely right, my brother."

"I'm not your brother," Archer says.

I roll my eyes and open the door. I greet the women in the front and tell her I need to see the chief. She nods and tells me to have a seat. "I am your brother," Emmet insists. "You see, I'm Cece's brother. Not biologically of course. You're her actual biological brother. So we're brothers by the transitive property of siblings."

"That's not a thing," Archer protests.

I sit down and pull them with me. "It is, I swear," Emmet pushes.

"You have no proof," Archer says confidently.

"Yea, and you don't have any proof that it isn't true," I butt in. "So how about you guys agree to disagree and shut up."

"I will if my brother will," Emmet says with a smirk.

Archer rolls his eyes, but doesn't add any comments. It takes about 15 minutes, but the chief finally calls us into his office. When we enter, all three of us notice that there's only two chairs. I gesture for them to take it because I'm pretty sure we don't need to get in an argument in a police station. They don't argue, which I'm thankful for.

"Sorry about the wait," the chief says, whose name is apparently Harry Brooks according to the name plate on his desk. "That was Devin. He's leading the search for Cecelia."

"Any news?" I ask hopefully.

"The dogs picked up a trail and they followed it for a few miles before they lost it. I wish I had more, but I don't," he says apologetically.

We nod solemnly. "So, you asked us down here to deliver bad news?" Emmet asks harshly. Harry sighs and looks away. I take this opportunity to smack Emmet upside the head, hard. He turns around to glare at me and I give a warning look. I mean, I was thinking it, but I didn't say it.

"No, actually. I was hoping you could answer a few questions," he tells us.

"Fire away. We'll answer the best we can," I offer.