Epilogue

Cecelia's POV:
____________________________________________
*8 Months Later*
"Get up," Ashton whines.

"It's summer!" I growl in protest. "I don't have to."

"It's almost noon. It won't kill you," he argues.

"But I might kill you," I grumble and open my eyes.

"Do you know what today is?" He asks with the smile I fell in love with on his face. It's hard to be mad at him when he looks at me like that.

"Should I?" I ask hesitantly.

"No," he says and his smile grows wider.

"Okay," I trail off. He props his head up on his hand and continues smiling at me. "Are you going to tell me?" I question.

"Oh! Yes," he says with a sheepish look on his face. "Guess what we haven't done?"

"A lot of things," I say with a roll of my eyes.

"You are a horrible guesser," he pouts. "I'll just have to tell you then. We haven't gone on a date. So, I'm taking you on a date."

"We go out all the time," I argue.

"Yes, but we have never been on a date," he argues back.

"There is literally no difference. Besides, aren't you supposed to ask me?"

"No, don't be ridiculous. I'm not giving you a choice," he says with a laugh.

I stare at him like he has grown two heads. "Why not?" I ask angrily.

"Because then you might say no, and I cannot have that," he says seriously.

I look at him softly now. I smile and move so I can rest my head on his chest. "Why in the world would I say no?"

I feel him shrug as he plays with my hair. "Well, in case you wanted to know, my answer would have been yes."

My eyes drift close as he continues to play with my hair. "Good to know," he mumbles.

A few minutes later he stops and sits us up. "You need to go get ready," he commands.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask as I stand up and stretch.

He comes around the bed with a mischievous smile and wraps his arms around my waist. "Like I would tell you," he teases.

"I need to know what to wear, you dork," I pout.

"I got you something. Well, technically mom did, but what can you expect. I'm a guy. I have no idea what you would like. Actually, that's not entirely-"

"Ashton," I say to cut off his rambling.

"You don't have to wear it," he says with a slight blush on his face.

"I'll check it out," I offer playfully.

He smiles and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "It's upstairs. I have to go do something, but I will be back in an hour to pick you up."

"I'll be waiting," I promise.

He bends down to give me a kiss before bouncing out of the room. I giggle excitedly and flop on my bed so I can call Caroline. I'm so nervous even though I shouldn't be. We've been out before, but this time feels different.

"Hey hoe," she greets.

"Caroline," I greet excitedly.

"Woah, are you sick? This must be an alternate universe. The Cece I know is never awake before noon and she definitely isn't excited about it," she teases.