The Barn

The car ride down to JJ and Emily's home was long and cramped all seven people plus Mark were sitting in a van in awkward silence.

"So mom has all of the decorations finished but the tree she wanted you guys to decorate." Mark told the group.

"Even the outside stuff?" Emily asked quickly sitting up. Sandra was getting old and shouldn't be using latter's and climbing around the house to put up lights.

"No she paid the neighbourhood boys to set everything up like usual."

"They made her pay? They used to do it for free!" Stated JJ.

"But that was when mom would send you two out with hot chocolate and cookies they were so dumbfounded that Emily Prentiss and Jennifer Jareau were actually talking to them."

The group in the car laughed they've known the practically sisters for three months and they are force's to be reckoned with when they were talking to each other.

When Mark picked them up from the campus he noticed the tention between his sisters they weren't standing together and talking about the family traditions for the holiday. Instead Emily was holding hands with a tall dark haired man and talking to a Hispanic girl. Next to them was a brightly dressed blonde girl and a dark muscular man holding a duffle bag and three large pink suitecases.

Farther down stood his sister JJ wrapped in a tall lanky man's arms. Her face was pressed against his chest and they were whispering to each other.

Mark looked in his rear view mirror and saw the two curled together in the back seat, next to him was Emily and her boyfriend and the middle was packed with their friends.

"I'm horrible with names guys could you tell them to me again?" He asked.

"Elle Greenaway"

"Penelope Garcia"

"Derek Morgan"

"Aaron Hotchner"

"Spencer Reid"

"Well I'm Mark incase you've forgotten... And here we are." Mark said as he pulled into the driveway. The house was covered in lights. There were snowmen all across the yard, a Santa leading nine reindeer on the roof, over sized ornaments on the trees along with tiny white lights, a large wreath sat on the door. The group stepped out of the car and unloaded their things.

"Hey Jenny can you come here for a bit?" Mark asked patting the seat next to his in the car.

"Whats up?" She asked unwrapping her scarf.

"What's going on with you and Emily?"

"We just have a little problem it's nothing... I said things that were way out of line and we aren't really talking."

"You brought up Rome?"

"She brought up the truck... After I talked about Rome..."

Before Mark could say anything else Sandra Jareau hurried out of the house and pulled her daughter into a hug. "I've missed you! Now come inside and introduce me to everyone. And you and Emily are going down to Mrs. Ashers to get the pie for this evening!"

After the introductions were over JJ showed everyone to their rooms.

The opened the first door, it was a red room with an oak single bed and matching dresser. The walls held baseball stars and hung trophies and a cot lay of the floor next to the bed.

"So this is Mark's old room, Morgan and Aaron will be here."

They walked further down the hall and JJ opened the next door. The room was light blue with white furniture and green bedding. The room had swimming metals hung on the dresser and band posters across the walls. "This is my sister's room, Elle you can stay here."

Emily's room was next where she threw her bags on her bed and continued to the last room it was purple and bare only a bed and dresser sat against the wall.

"This used to be my room, so Pen you get to stay here!"

"Where will you be JJ?" Penelope asked unloading her stuff onto the bed.

"I'm in the barn and Spencer is on the couch. It's all taken care of."

"You are sleeping with the Animals?!" Cried Penelope. "We can share it won't be a problem!"

Emily and JJ both let out a soft chuckle.

"Their are two barns, one with animals and one is our hang out. This eyes is so small having three teenagers and tons of pets wasn't spacious so we used the old barn to make a teen pad as mom calls it. And JJ moved her room out there a few years ago." Emily smiled and helped Penelope with her many bags.

After everyone was settled JJ and Emily were heading out to go visit Mrs. Ashers. JJ drove down the street and Emily flipped through radio stations. Martina McBride began to play from the speakers in the truck and a smile spread across their face. She was singing "This one's for the girls", JJ and Emily were huge fans of this song at the beginning of high school Sandra used to sing it all around the house.

Their anger at each other subsided as they sang along down the long dirt road.

JJ pulled the car to the side of the road and placed it in park.

"I think we should talk." JJ began.

"Not really."

"I just want to clear something up."

"Fine"

"I'm not sleeping with him... But I slept with him..."

"I can't believe you! You lied to me again!"

"You're not listening! I wasn't sleeping with him Emily! We dated... Well are dating... But I did sleep with him... Last night... And that's it... It wasn't to get ahead in school or screw my way through university... I really love him Em..."

Emily just stood at her best friend realizing what she just said. "I am so sorry Jayge... I should have just asked you..."

"I'm sorry I brought up Rome... And told Aaron as well as everyone."

"I'm sorry I told everyone about the truck accident."

The two girls hugged and whipped away the tears that were falling.