First date

The class was just clearing up for the day. When there was a soft knock from the door.

"Hey cher." Called Will.

JJ slowly turned around and Spencer's head shot up from the file he was looking at.

"Will! What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to surprise you. We've been 'dating' for over a month now and we haven't really gone on a real date."

"Sure that sounds great... Just let me finish cleaning up and get changed and we can go."

"Don't worry about cleaning up JJ we've got it." Smiled Emily.

"And no need to change you look great." Followed Will.

"Alright then... I'll see you all tomorrow." JJ waved goodbye and sent Spencer a sympathetic smile.

About an hour later the couple entered a bar full of sports fans.

"Come on Cher the game is starting."

"Oh right! The Red Skins are playing tonight!" JJ smiled they were her favorite team and maybe this night wouldn't be so bad, they had a football team in common.

"Red Skins? No who cheers for them? The Saints are playing!"

"Woopdie doo..."

It was the worst date JJ had ever had. Not that she has had many. Will was so involved with the game he didn't notice that JJ had taken off to play darts. She bet all the cash she had on hand and made back five times as much by beating any competitor. After the game ended Will called it a night.

"I had a great time tonight Cher."

"Sure me too."

"Maybe we can do it again?"

"Yep maybe..."

Will leaned in for a kiss and JJ dodged it.

"Ill see you in sociology Will. Bye!"

And JJ slammed the door behind her then jumped on to her bed and screamed into her pillow.

A familiar ringtone went off and JJ dived into her pocket.

"Am I interrupting anything?" Spencer asked with slight cockiness.

"Nope I just got home. It was the worst date I've ever been on."

"Then just break it off?"

"Then you can't leave anymore love marks." Smirked JJ

"Damn so tempting... Lets make a deal I'll get a girlfriend and you keep Will. We can miserable and jealous together."

"Sex is off limits and kissing is to a minimum."

"Deal!"

Before JJ could say anything else the door opened and Emily walked in.

"I'll call you back."

"Who was that?" Emily asked.

"Just someone. Where were you?"

"Aaron and I went out for a bit, I figured you'd be back later. How was the date? What did you do?"

JJ rolled on to her back and groaned.

"That bad?"

"We went to a bar to watch the New Orleans Saints! And he doesn't like the Red Skins!"

"Poor baby" Emily laughed.

"But he was sweet... And I made two hundred from playing darts."

"Glass always half full."

The two did their usual late night gossip and headed to bed after getting a text from Penelope telling them she was spending the night at his place watching movies.

JJ was up half the night texting Spencer and almost slept in that morning if Emily didn't drag her to breakfast at eight.

The two were digging into bacon and eggs.

"You were up pretty late Jayge. One bad date shouldn't matter, he makes you happy."

Emily was smiling, she was proud of her friend for getting out and trying something new. JJ only had two boyfriends on her life time and one was a kid in the fifth grade who wouldn't leave her alone until the said yes. The other was a boy in their senior year, JJ fell head over heels for him but on the night of their prom they were named King and Queen. During their dance a very angry second girlfriend exposed him to the school. It did a number on JJ, in a town like theirs you married your highschool sweetheart. The women raised the kids and the men worked where needed. When he asked; JJ was willing to give up her scholarship and stay there. But after that night the angry blonde couldn't wait to get out.

"He does make me happy." Sighed JJ except she was thinking of Spencer.