Emily

Emily and her mom were wondering the stores on the busy black Friday.

"Emily dear is there anything you need for school? Text books, clothes, shoes?" Elizabeth asked.

"Shoes sound good." Emily mumbled to her mother.

Pushing their way through the crowds of people to make it to the shelves.

Elizabeth started digging around the piles looking for the right sizes while Emily sat on the bench staring at her phone until it rung.

"Hey Aaron!" Emily smiled.

"Hi Em, how's Washington?"

"Not bad I'm shopping right now, hows your family?"

"Not bad, plans got cancelled so I'm back at school for the holiday."

"Oh Aaron! That's horrible why didn't you call sooner? I could have flown you out."

"I didn't want to ruin your family time."

"I spent it at a fancy, snobby, uptight dinner, it would have been fine."

Aaron sighed on the other side of the phone.

"I'll be back on Monday, I'll make it up to you, we can go out for dinner or something."

"Sounds great Em."

Emily smiled into the phone.

"Emily darling do you think Jennifer would like these shoes?"

Elizabeth asked holding up a pair of brown leather boots.

"As long as it isn't real leather she'll love them Ambassador." Emily mumbled over her shoulder.

"Speaking of JJ!" Emily cried. "Why don't you hang out with her?"

"I went to the dorm yesterday and she wasn't there. I tried calling but her cell phone was out of range."

"Weird? Maybe Mark and Lisa really did come to visit."

"Maybe... Well I've got to go, I'll talk to you Monday. Bye Em."

"Bye Aaron."

After hours of brutal shopping Emily flopped down onto her hotel bed with all of her bags surrounding the floor.  Emily pulled out her phone and attempted to call JJ. But she got the out of range message just like her boyfriend did. So she decided to call Penelope and Elle.

"Hey girls."

"Hi Emily." Both responded together.

"Have either of you heard from JJ?"

"Sorry no." Said Elle.

"I haven't had time, I've been swamped with holiday, I just finished cleaning up the food fight from hell! But what's up with you princess?" Asked Garcia

"I just want to go back to the school, Aaron is by himself but Elizabeth won't let me go back, we need to be a 'family'." Sighed Emily.

"She's your mother Em, she just wants to spend time with you." Chirped Elle.

"Sandra Jareau is my mother, Elizabeth Prentiss is the women who gave birth to me. Their is a huge difference in that."

"Well maybe you need to cut her some slack Emily. She's missed out on a lot of your life and we are going to the barn for Christmas. Just spend time with her and worry about Aaron when you get back.

I have to go my mom and I are going to visit my dad. Bye girls." Elle said before hanging up.

"I agree with Elle, you need to be nice to her." Penelope replied. "I have to go, but you should talk to her."

The line went dead and Emily threw her phone onto the bed. After minutes of debating she pulled her shoes back on and head out to the hallway.

Emily walked down the brightly lit hallway towards her mothers room.

She found her mom sitting on the bed with her head in her hands.

"Uh Ambassador... Do you want to go get some dinner or something?" 

Her mother's head popped up and with a large smile on her face.

"I would love that Emily."