Saved

I put all my trust in Chris and Ricky, praying that they would finish getting all the glass out and the pain would go away.

I was tired and my body was aching. Angelo was still sitting quietly in front of me, trying to keep me calm. Within a few minutes, Chris and Ricky had finished picking all the glass out of my torn up back. Relieved, I let out a deep breath and began to relax. I was well taken care of when Chris was around.

Ricky and Angelo headed back to their apartments and that left Chris and I sitting alone on his bed. "Well Ray, I don't know what to say."

I sighed and slowly rolled over on to my side to face him. "Don't say anything."

"Please, just tell me what happened."

Tears poured down my face like a waterfall. "I came home and my mom was drunk and she smashed a bunch of glass bottles on and around me." Chris leaned in and began to softly stroke my hair. "I can't go home anymore Chris, she beats me too often."

"It's ok baby, no ones going to hurt you ever again. I promise."

"Okay." I whispered.

Since I was still in my bra because Chris and Ricky cut off my top so they could remove the glass, Chris went over to his dresser and pulled out a shirt for me to wear. "Here," he said, "put this on." I put his shirt on, it was an Edward Scissorhands shirt. My favorite. My back burned as I pulled the shirt over my head and smoothed it out. I winced in pain.

"Come on, you've had a long day. Let me help you get into bed so you can get some rest." Chris supported my weight as I moved from the end of the bed into a chair so he could pull back the covers, then helped me into his bed. I felt all my muscles go weak as he began to tuck me in. He then went to his dresser and got himself a pair of sweatpants and a baggy shirt to sleep in. Five minutes later, he came in and got into bed beside me. "Goodnight, my love." He said as he kissed my forehead, then took my hand in his as I fell asleep.