In His Eyes

Chris began to walk away. He looked embarrassed that a girl had just saved him from a bully, but I called him back over. "Hey Chris," I said, looking deep into his eyes. "Would you like to go have lunch with me?" the instant spark I felt while looking at him was incredible. I felt like I'd just stuck a fork into an electrical outlet, and it truly was a great feeling.

"No, that's okay. I think I've already embarked myself enough," he mumbled.

"Oh, well maybe some other time then..." I said quietly.

He walked out of the courtyard and continued down the sidewalk. This was my first encounter with Chris and I was going to make sure that it wasn't my last.

As I drove home that afternoon, I still couldn't get Chris off my mind. His mysterious character and quiet nature intrigued me. I needed to find out more about him, but how? He doesn't seem to want to talk to me, or anyone for that matter. I guess he's content on his own. That wasn't going to stop me though.

I went straight to my room when I got home because my mom was in the living room with her latest boyfriend. I hate that she changes boyfriends so often. Most of the time, I think she would be better off alone. She's so desperate to find one that she will go out with pretty much any guy she finds on eHarmony. It's gonna be hard for her to find a boyfriend with all the lying and bullshit she'll put them through.

I logged on to my computer and earthed through some of my Facebook friends' profiles to see if any of them were friends with a guy named Chris that fits the description of the guy I met today. I couldn't find a single friend who knew him, so I googled his name and location. I typed in 'Chris- Scranton, PA' into the search bar and waited to see the results.

There were a few results that fit the description of what Chris looked like so I clicked the first one. I got lucky, because this was the guy I was looking for.