The Search

The site said his name was Chris 'Motionless' Cerulli and that he played in a local metal band called Motionless In White. As a local girl and a metalhead, I can't believe I'd never heard of his band.

I searched his band name and found hours of YouTube footage of them performing. When Chris is onstage he's a completely different person. He's crazy, outgoing and extremely entertaining. Not to mention, that his voice is beautiful. His onstage personality is the complete opposite of how he is at school. It turned out, his band was playing a show this weekend at a venue called Sonic Ballroom which is just an hour from here. I decided I'll call Megan and ask if she wanted to go.

"Hey, Meg?" I said, speaking into my outdated cellphone.

"Hey, Ray. How's it going?" she said energetically.

"I was just wondering, there's this local metal band playing this weekend, did you want to come with me?" I tried to sound casual but in all honesty, I'd be devastated if she said no.

"Yeah, that would be great!" I was relived to hear her say that.

"Awesome, I'll pick you up at 7," I told her, ending our phone conversation.

As the week went by, Chris stopped showing up to math class. By friday, I didn't even see him in the hallways. I didn't think much of it though. He was a local metalhead and didn't care about grades.

I finished that week of school and couldn't wait to get out to see Chris play. Would I finally get my chance to see who he really is and what he's really hiding?