Chapter 15

The Pirate's Ship

TRIGGER WARNING FOR SMUT

They saw their ship disappear into the distance. The whole crew of Harp stood by the railing of the much bigger Pirate's ship with their gaze onto the vessel. Especially Fortuna had a hard time seeing his ship go while the Pirate's ship set its sails. The ship they were on was much faster, much larger and way better equipped. The canons and weapons aboard were all of great quality. There was enough food and they quickly knew the Pirate's let them be.

It seemed Liz' brother had his crew of bandits under strict control though they did glance into the direction of the women sometimes. Declan sometimes glared at some of them when he noticed the hungry eyes going over Liz' body and even McTaggart took a more protective stance. Rob held Tala close and didn't even watch the ship disappear. His eyes were on the Pirate's, watching every move they made.

The suspense that hung in the air was evident for everyone. Yet, the bandits never came closer then needed to be and eventually got used to the women aboard.

When night fell, they were assigned their cabins. And Kate shrieked out of delight to find out they all had their own beds to sleep in tonight. Something that made the Commodore muster up a smile when the woman's happiness. The former maid cheerfully took Tala from Rob and took her into the room with her.

Elizabeth glanced at her brother one more time before she entered her own chamber which was no doubt bigger than the others. She gasped when she walked in and saw the comfy bed before her. There was a bathtub filled with steaming water and Liz puffed out her cheeks.

"Your brother wants you to be comfortable," Declan's voice came from the dark corner to her right.

Liz took a deep breath in and smiled nervously at him.

"I didn't see you. You almost gave me a heart attack," she murmured while letting her fingers touch the hot water.

She swiftly pulled them back.

"Too hot," she murmured and looked back at Declan who leaned forward on his chair. Elbows on his knees and his gaze plastered on her. He didn't smile.

"I buried my wife myself," he said and stood up. "With my own bare hands. She's dead, Liz."

Liz swallowed hard and looked away from him. The tears that threatened to come out, pricked behind her eyes. Declan took her by the shoulder to turn her around to face him.

"This isn't a case of 'what if'," his voice stern while he looked down at her. "She's dead."

His brown eyes turned soft while Declan used his finger to push up her chin to make her look at him.

"I love you, Liz," his voice filled with gravel. "Why do you doubt that?"

She shook her head and her fingers played with his shirt.

"I don't, Declan. I just... Castagnier took me at a weak moment. You're right, this isn't a case of 'what ifs' and unfair to you."

His hands cradled her face gently and Declan looked at her sternly. "Never ever doubt my love for you again. I would travel the oceans and back again. I actually did."

"Hmm," she said and felt wistful when he let her go.

Liz glanced over her shoulder when hearing some rustling coming from behind her. The heat shot to her cheeks and coloured them a heavy red when Liz noticed he had taken his clothes of. Declan made his way to the bath and went in it. Not bothered by the hot water.

She quickly looked away when a tingling warmth settled between her legs and Liz took a deep breath in through her nose. Declan smirked when he saw her reaction. He found it endearing and sensual at the same time.

"Are you coming," he asked.

Liz quickly nodded and turned on her heels to face him. Only to make her cheeks turn even more crimson when his gaze travelled over her body. A quick tug on the cords of her dress, and it fell to the ground. It revealed her white undergarments and Liz quickly pulled them off too.

Declan hummed approvingly and took her hand when Liz was close enough. The bath wasn't big, but she fitted between his legs perfectly while her knees stuck out of the water. A sigh of pure bliss escaped both of them when her back came to rest on his chest. The warm water engulfed them both and Declan's arms circled around her.

Finally, he felt Elizabeth fully relax and let her head rest against his chest. Her hair pulled up and Harp leaned back a bit to let his tired limbs rest. His fingers caressed her arms and he smiled when he heard her hum happily. They sat in comfortable silence; for once not hurried and Tala sleeping with Kate meant they could sit here all night.

At least until the water became too cold to feel comfortable.

It was Liz who shivered first and Harp laughed warmly. He urged her to get out before she'd get sick. She tried to argue and stay put against him, but eventually had to give up.

His eyes went over her legs and hips when Liz stepped out of the bath. Declan followed soon after, grabbing a two towels on his way towards her. He bound one around his hips and the other he draped over Liz' shoulders. The scars on her back had turned white and were still visible. But Declan didn't even notice them when he started to dry off her back.

Elizabeth enjoyed the sensation of him nearby and had her eyes closed while Harp dried her off. When he threw the towel away, Liz turned to face him and was met with his gaze that now was filled with lust. His breathing picked up speed and before she was aware, Declan grabbed her by the hips and picked her up.

Her mouth came crashing down on his, lips hungrily searching for each other while their tongues entwine in a passionate kiss. They hadn't been together like this for more then a year and their hands wildly explored each other when Harp put her on the bed.

Liz didn't like the fact he wasn't touching her for that short time and swiftly pulled him against her. Declan leaned on his elbows, lips in her neck and Liz couldn't hold back the moan. Her hips moved out of instinct towards his and they both moaned in unison when Declan entered her slowly.

He waited for a few seconds and locked eyes with her, playing with Liz' hair while she nudged his nose. When she moved first, Declan growled out of pleasure and grabbed both of her wrists to put them over her head.

They had a thirst for each other and it took merely minutes for Liz to reach her climax. Her legs circled around his waist and when Declan increased his pace, she went over the edge. He followed right after and buried his face in the crook of her neck. Her fingers caressed his hair and shoulders.

He gently rolled off her with a delighted smile on his face when Liz laid her head on his chest. Her naked form resting next to him, made Declan feel warm again. And for the first time since a year, Harp realised how much he had truly missed this.

Since what seemed like forever, they fell asleep together in their cabin. Peaceful and undisturbed.