Chapter 38 - Lizzy's Return

A/N: Dedicated to CurlyCassy for the suh-weeeeet banner at the side! It's so cute. :>

____________________________________________________________________

     Out of everything that was happening too quickly, Kristina decided to think like an optimist. Even though a series of events happened today, it was finally Friday, and tomorrow, Lizzy and Jacob will be back from Hawaii. Kristina sighed in relief from the thought before a vein throbbed in her forehead. She was so gonna get her mom for this.

     A few hours ago, Ella pulled her and Daniel out of the rooftop to give Kristopher and Daniella some time to talk and maybe work things out. Ella, the traitor, abandoned her best friend and left her to Daniel's care. Daniel, being Daniel, tormented her with his usual teases and annoyed her with his trademark smirk. He kept going on and on about their short session last night. He couldn't get it off his head as it kept on playing back and forth like a broken record. Kristina was trembling out of embarrassment.

     Their argument went for a long time. Kristina continuously walked, trying to get away from her fiancé, but her efforts were futile because he just kept following her like a lost puppy. Not to mention still nagging her out of her wits. That was until they unconsciously climbed up the stairs that led to the rooftop, where they usually hung out, and interrupted a moment between two people around their age. Kristina felt awkward all of a sudden and wanted to apologize, until she realized who that couple was. 

     She gave herself a mental slap on the face for forgetting that Kristopher and Daniella were on the rooftop. She didn't even realize her own legs dragged her back up the rooftop. It was all Daniel's fault, she thought. Because every time he annoyed her, her blood just boiled and instantly disregarded everything else in her mind and focused on how to get revenge on that idiot. She didn't know if it was a good thing or not.

     Snapping back to the present, she and Daniella were walking downstairs from the rooftop and decided to find Ella, to tell her the news, even though she didn't know the "news" herself. She glanced at her friend's face; Daniella looked flustered with her cheeks all red and her eyes blinking faster than usual.  Curious of what happened between her and Kristopher, she asked. "What'd he say to you?"

     Daniella seemed startled with that sudden question. You might not have guessed that I loved you ever since we were stupid kids, huh? Kristopher's words haunted her mind. Her cheeks turned red only two shades darker. Was that boy serious?  She silently took a deep breath and smiled her routine smile. "H-He told me he was an idiot and a-apologized..." she stuttered.

     Kristina had a feeling that wasn't all, but she grinned at the fact that that octopus-head finally admitted being an idiot, and finally gathered the guts to apologize for his stupid doings. As they walking across the hallways, they spotted Ella immediately. She was leaning her back on their classroom's doorframe and her face looked irritated. It looked like she was talking to somebody.

     When the two girls got a little closer, they found out that Sean was on the opposite side of the doorframe, talking to Ella. His face was twice as irritated as hers. Before they could start a war, Daniella ran towards Ella and grabbed her arm. Surprised, Ella stared at the girl for a few seconds, and then it hit her. She was a bit slow this time seeing that she was distracted. "Anne? How'd it go?"

     Kristina couldn't help but notice her best friend's sudden behaviour. She turned to look at Sean, thinking that he was the cause, and threw him a glare. He just shrugged his shoulders as if he didn't care and proceeded inside the classroom. Meanwhile, Daniella gripped Ella's arm tighter and stammered in all her words, making her sound like a baby trying to talk.