Chapter 43 - One Kiss Short

Today was another usual day for everybody—except for Kristina. Since they were dismissed early again and had no class in the afternoon, Lizzy took this chance and dragged her daughter to her room. She showed her the materials she bought yesterday at the mall. Lucky for her, there was a sale, and she managed to snatch a lot of great and cheap fabric, yarn, needles—for short: a brand new sewing kit.

     Lizzy showed her how to knit a simple and basic scarf. Kristina instantly opposed to the idea of knitting something for Daniel (since she sucked at it and he'll make fun of her for sure) but nobody could really resist Lizzy. She forced her daughter to make the darn scarf by threatening her that she'll show Daniel their old baby photos. There was one picture Kristina wanted to burn. It was the one where they were four years old and were taking a bath together. The little boy was innocently holding her left butt cheek as she climbed up the shower's platform. She shivered every time she remembered it.

     She gave in and agreed to her mother. After class that morning, she immediately went home and Lizzy made her get started on the project. It actually took her three hours just to finish one inch of it. Making the scarf really got into her nerves. They said knitting was a therapy and could calm down even the hottest heads. Well it wasn't working on her.

       "Patience," Lizzy would always say every time she checked up on her. Kristina could only groan in frustration. Outside her room, Daniel was about to knock and hang around (he was terribly bored) until he suddenly felt a chill in the air. Kristina's black aura must be getting larger by the minute. He sensed that she was not in a very good mood, so he went back to the guest room and lied down on his bed.

     At the corner of his eye, he looked at the item he bought with Kristopher yesterday. It was hidden under the table. He hoped Kristina would like it and use it, at least for his sake. He wrapped the present inside a box and tied it neatly with a red ribbon; he even knotted perfectly. He wasn't sure if it looked right since he never gave anyone anything before, so he felt rather nervous about giving this to his fiancée.

     He laughed amusingly in his mind. Fiancée, huh? They've been carrying that status for months now, but did they really have an actual relationship? Looking back at everything, it all seemed like a fun adventure. A lot of things proved their real feelings for each other, but the opposite party still hasn't admitted it properlyuntil now. Kristina was as stubborn as a mule.

     Daniel suddenly remembered tomorrow's event. Tomorrow, he was going to finish the promise. But after that, will he feel satisfied? He doubted it. Oh well. He'll just have to find out.

     Kristina, on the other hand, had her thoughts occupied with that same idea as well. As she continued to knit the scarf, color was rising in her cheeks because she was thinking of all the possible things that might happen tomorrow. Knowing Daniel, finishing that promise won't be as simple as it sounded. Surely there's another surprise. And she hated surprises.

     Night fell quickly and Kristina fell asleep after knitting the scarf two inches longer. Daniel slept rather late since he stayed up re-reading his comic books. These two haven't seen much of each other today, so even though time seemed short, for them it was a long day.

>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D

     Thursday had finally come. Kristina and her class were making final arrangements on their room for tomorrow's party. She kept an eye out for Sean and Ella. She noticed him stealing glances at her best friend from time to time. How come she didn't notice this before? Ella was completely oblivious to what was happening; she continued decorating the walls with more mistletoes along with Daniella. The girls were having so much fun knowing that Kristina and Daniel would surely stand under at least one.