Chapter 35 - Playing Dumb

A/N: SORRY!!!

.................................................................................................................................

      Daniella stood paralyzed in front of Kristopher. He looked at her with a doe-like expression and then took a last glance at the photograph he was holding. Their classmates in the background were pretending to mind their own businesses, but unfortunately, others just couldn't help but to stick their noses in.

     Kristopher silently sighed at the photograph and Daniella stuttered. "T-That's not what you think i-it is... I--"

     But he didn't let her finish. He nonchalantly passed by her and passed her the picture. "You dropped this," he said with a cold tone. Daniella didn't know whether she should feel embarrassed or sad. Kristopher walked back to his seat with a serious expression, earning surprised looks from all of their classmates.

     Ella knitted her brows. She knew exactly what was happening. She grimaced at Daniella, who was now biting her lower lip and pinching her right arm. Ella heaved a frustrated sigh and secretly glared at Kristopher. No one in their classroom had any idea on what was going on between those two foreign exchange students--no one except Ella, Daniel and their selves. And as usual, Kristina was completely oblivious.

     Silence crept the room just after Kristopher sat down. It was unusual for him not to be in a cheerful mood. Everyone found it strange, especially Kristina. She stared at Kristopher, who was absent-mindedly staring at the blackboard, and then turned her gaze towards Daniella, who looked like she was still in shock.

     Nonetheless, she shook her head and wore that happy smile of hers. She quickly shoved the photograph back inside her pocket and went to her desk next to Daniel. She even hummed the tune Smile by Avril Lavigne while she was fixing her things in her bag, intentionally ignoring the stares from their classmates.

     Ella approached Daniella's desk. Kristina stood up from her seat and yelled at her classmates before going to Daniella's desk as well. "HEY YOU PEOPLE! What are you all staring at space for?! The whole room's a mess! Sean, you're in charge of cleaning today."

       "What?!" he retorted. "Why me?! I didn't do anything wrong! Why am I being punished?!"

       "This isn't a punishment. This is an order from your president." She said, coldly. Sean had no choice but to accept.

     Daniella made a small laugh at Ella. "What's with that face? Doesn't suit you at all!"

     Kristina walked towards the two girls and focused her attention on Daniella. Ella sighed for the nth time. "Anne," she said in a low tone. "Didn't I tell you?"

       "I know."  She quickly replied. She grimaced at her hands and then flashed Kristina and Ella a bright and cheery smile, as if showing them she wasn't bothered by that little incident at all. "But now's not the time to tell her."

     Kristina interrupted. "Tell who what?"

       "Tell you the real reason why both me and him are here," Daniella half-smiled. Kristina figured this was related to what Daniella was trying to say yesterday. Ella probably already knew about this too, but Kristina was really wondering why Daniella was hesitant to tell her the whole story.

       "Anne," Daniel suddenly spoke. The three girls looked at him. "Can I talk to you?"

     She nodded her head. "Mmm." She nervously replied upon biting the insides of her cheeks. Ella took Kristina by the arm and politely pulled her away from Daniel and Daniella to give them some privacy. She folded her arms and sighed. Again. "Tinaaa."