Chapter 42 - The Early Christmas Presents

Tuesday the next morning, Daniella was surprised with Kristopher's gifts sent to her apartment, delivered personally by him. She almost didn't allow him to take a step inside because it was still too early, her whole appearance was a mess (she just woke up) and she was just too... shy. You can't blame a girl for being demure. (Pfft)

       "What's... What's with all these?" she pointed accusingly at the gigantic teddy bear, the humungous bouquet of baby-pink carnations and all the large boxes of chocolate. "It's not even Valentine's day... You really went all out huh?"

     Kristopher scratched the back of his head while smiling cheerfully. "Well... I bought this with my own money. For the first time in my life as an actor, I actually bought something wholeheartedly. I mean, I know you're not one for material things, but this is the least I can do. After all..." he looked at her up and down, secretly laughing but at the same time admiring her appearance. "I am courting you."

     Reading his mind, Daniella felt embarrassed and annoyed at the same time too. She studied his appearance. Today he was wearing a simple black shirt, loose dark-navy jeans and a pair of Fila sneakers. It was the simplest attire that he could wear, but he still looked so damn good in it.

     She felt bad about her own appearance. Here she was, wearing a red tank top and a pair of pyjamas underneath her large, white robe. To make it seem much better, her hair was a bird's nest. She hugged her elbows with two of her hands and glanced again at the gifts. They all looked so expensive, but these things just value like a penny for Kristopher Walls, the huge celebrity.

     She sighed. "How did you get here without getting trampled by your fans anyway?"

     Kristopher silently laughed and showed her the items hanging behind his back-pocket.  It was a pair of dark sunglasses and a large hat that could have covered half your face. "I'm good at disguises."

       "Sure," Daniella snorted, wrinkling her nose at the sight of the ugly hat. "Nobody will ever know it's you."

       "Well don't I get a thank you?" he nonchalantly changed the subject and approached her slightly, making her startled and take one small step back. "I had a hard time getting these things from my house to your apartment y'know."

     They weren't taking their eyes off each other, so Daniella broke the contact almost too quickly and winced, then took a deep breath. Why couldn't she act calm? "You... You went here alone? Without the help from your bodyguards?" she tried to change the course of the conversation in order to save her from more embarrassment. "I-I thought those guys never left your side..."

     Kristopher grinned, knowing her cute attempt of escape. He wouldn't let her do that again. Not this time. He stretched his arms above his head and yawned. "Those guys are a handful. I left the house without telling them."

     She made an unintentional glare at him. "Well they're probably worried sick right now and are looking everywhere for you!"

     He snickered. "That's the fun part." He smiled at her again, walked purposely closer to her without giving her the chance to escape. Due to taking too much steps backward, she finally reached the dead end. She felt her back against the wall of her own kitchen. Kristopher placed his arms on the wall and trapped her. He just gave her his usual, cheerful grin. "Well?

       "T-Too close..." Daniella stuttered, avoiding his gaze and started staring at her feet. To tease her some more, Kristopher leaned over her face and he saw her cheeks turn into a very bright and obvious red. He couldn't help smiling.

       "If you want to push me away, then just do it," he wanted to test her, even though he already knew what she really wanted. Hearing no response from her, he laid his forehead against hers and looked at her eyes. She was still looking down but as soon as she gathered the courage to finally meet his gaze, Kristopher swore something skipped inside his chest.