Chapter 50 - Bye-Bye Butthead, Octopus-head

Chapter 50 – Bye-Bye Butthead, Octopus-head

     A few days after their short vacation at Kristopher's amazing villa, everybody was preparing for the next major event: New Year's. It was the last day of the year, and Kristopher told Kristina and the rest that he and his cousin will be leaving a day after they celebrate with fireworks. Though the news was sad, everybody took it maturely, especially Kristina and Daniella.

     Lizzy just found out about it two days ago when Jonathan, Daniel's dad called. She was frantic of what to do and what to make those two do. Her husband had to calm down his silly wife. Without further ado, Lizzy sprinted towards her daughter's bedroom. She opened the door so suddenly that Kristina almost dropped her phone from the shock. Perfect timing. She was texting him.

       "Honey," Lizzy said sweetly with pretty eyes, but Kristina knew that look. She knew that sly look too well. She suspiciously eyed her mother.

       "Yes?"

       "What is Danny doing right now?" she asked innocently like a little girl.

       "Packing," Kristina simply said as she glanced at her phone screen again and tapped a few buttons.

     Lizzy cocked a brow and grinned widely. As one would probably expect, she quickly went behind her daughter and pushed her out her room.

       "Mom! Hey!" Kristina argued. "What are you doing?!"

     They were finally outside the room and on their way downstairs. As she continued to push her daughter, she checked her wrist watch and explained her reasons. "Act like a good fiancée Kristina! My poor son-in-law is leaving tomorrow; you're a girl, so that means you have to—no. You must help him pack his things. That's only natural! How come you didn't think of that! It's still early; you still have time to go there now!"

       "Mom!" she repeated. "I don't have to—"

       "Yes you do!" she cut her off stubbornly. "It's you're duty as a woman! Now go! Go before I send Danny all your embarrassing baby photos together!"

       "MOM?!" Kristina shrieked, obviously affected by her mother's threat. They were outside the house now and towards the street. There was really no stopping Lizzy once she sets her mind on something. "MOM! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS AGAIN?!"

       "DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T WANT TO GO BECAUSE HONEY, I KNOW YOU DO! I'M JUST GIVING YOU A LITTLE PUSH BECAUSE MY BABY GIRL'S JUST TOO SHY TO DO IT HERSELF! NO GO! GO! GO!"

       "OH MOTHER—" she furiously groaned as Lizzy finally released her. She didn't have a ride; so obviously, she had to walk to Daniel's house. It was only a few blocks away but she still thought her mom's logic was... stupid. Grudgingly, she carried her feet towards his house and prayed nothing weird will happen between them.

     She remembered that the New Year party will be held at his house as well, so it was like killing two birds in one stone. Their friends will come later that evening as guests and her parents will be the ones in-charge of the food... which made her quite suspicious.

     Maybe that was the reason why her mom technically kicked her out of the house? Because she might kill the flavours of the food again? She scoffed. She wasn't that bad at cooking. She shrugged. Who was she kidding? Of course she was. She had a great talent of sucking at the culinary arts. Why didn't she inherit some of her dad's awesome cooking skills? She blamed the lack genetics. Kristina sighed and just walked quietly, straightening her thoughts.