Chapter 21:"The Secret"

I groaned and kicked the plastic chair near me." Be more careful!" Charlotte hissed at me. The librarian glared at me but I glared back.

"But we're getting nowhere Char, I repeat nowhere."I  said  exasperatedly.

"Maybe last time you were hallucinating." She said  and I  gave  her look that said 'seriously'.

"I wasn't. The book was right there. I had been summoned to it by a voice. It was like connected to the snake bracelet and the book was very old. It was written in Persian." I explained.

"How did you know it's Persian?" She asked.

"Because my mom told me once that she found some scrolls in a cave written in that language in Zambia so I could recognize some of the words." Charlotte stood up and stretched.

"They have to be connected." She said.

I started looking for a connection." Yeah. Actually they might be. But then how is he  who must not be named.......

"This isn't Harry Potter." She said very serious like and I frowned. " What, I can't help myself!"

"I was saying how is the tiger warrior, the Persians and the snake bracelet related? I have never heard the king or the elders talk about any of the three."

"Even the tiger warrior?"

"Yes. One thing I know now is that he is feared throughout out the whole village for those who were there during his time. Even his name cannot be spoken."

"Does Helaki know about him?"

"Yeah she does. That he existed but I don't think she knows more. I just wish I knew how to contact her."

"This is crazy,mind you the elders told you to be strong and brave and hide your weaknesses." I groaned.

"We need more Intel." I said  as I  finally  sat down on a library  chair.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
"So can you tell me the reason why we're at your dumb work place?" I asked.

"Well I wanted to show you something."

"Oh really?" I asked sarcastically.

"Could you stop being sarcastic? It's annoying." Henry said as he went behind the Junk n' stuff counter. He took out his phone and texted. I watched him closely as his fingers tapped on the screen. He was nervous for some reason. He got a reply then he started searching the drawers for something. A bandana came out of the top drawer."I want to show you something."

"And you want to blindfold me? Not happening."

He sighed." Do you trust me?" I thought it over. I only trusted one person right now and it was Helaki .

"No." He sighed.

"Could you please just let me blindfold you?" He asked exasperatedly.

"Okay. But if I find that I'm going to be kidnapped, beaten up or tried to be killed, I will kill you." He rolled his eyes and I gasped. He blindfolded me and I asked," Can I use my nose and ears?"

"No." He led me to a different part of the store because I could hear the way our feet were hitting the wooden floor. We entered this place that felt like a box??..... I wasn't sure." Hold onto me."

"Um.....no."

" Uh...okay. Your loss." I quickly put my arms around him as I heard the doors closed and I realized we were on an elevator. I heard Henry chuckle and I frowned. The ride down was crazy and I was trying my best for my claws on my feet not to come out so I wouldn't mess up my shoes. When the doors opened I let go of him immediately. " Stand right here." He said as he led me out.