Chapter 43:Mischief Granted

"No!" I screamed as I was quickly blinded by bright light. My eyes had a dull pain that kept on resonating in my head. I stood up quickly as I could hear and smell a woman's presence near me. It had to be Nurse Cohort. I heard as Emaku was being pulled away by something, it smelled metallic. I tried to pull him back but the strength of the machine was too strong.

"Tigress! Are you okay?" I heard Henry come up to me and helped me stand.

"Yeah, I just can't see at all." And I hated it. I had never been blind for more than two minutes. I could smell everything and hear everything else; people were running away as quick as they could and I couldn't fight  well now that I couldn't see.

"Kid Danger, why are you helping me?" I pushed him away. "They're getting away!"

"You're blind!" Henry shot back and grabbed me again but I pushed him away again. I didn't come back here to let Emaku take everything. I didn't break his back for nothing.

"I don't care.  Someone took the fox necklace. I think it's Nurse Cohort and..." What Henry did next, I did not expect it. He quickly carried me bridal style. "What are you doing? Put me down. I will break your arm." I threatened him.

"We both know you can't do that." He whispered and I frowned. He was right.  At this point I would never hurt him.

"But we're losing. Emaku's going to make someone a fox.....who knows who it can be." He didn't talk back as I could still hear explosions behind us. My sight started to recover. Things were still blurry but it was better than darkness. "Is everyone okay?" I asked once we reached the Man van.

"Yeah, we're all okay." Schwoz answered.

"Sorry they got away." Charlotte said gently and I gave her a small smile. Jasper and Schwoz were now staring at me again.

"You had a tail!" Jasper exclaimed. I groaned. I didn't want to deal with this. I slowly concentrated on getting my features back to normal. This time my eyesight returned and Henry smiled, realizing I could see him clearly again. I breathed in and out. I wasn't going to get angry, it wasn't going to solve this problem. They were serious, I told myself. But then I shook my head, who was I kidding. The only one who was serious besides me was my cousin.

"Let's just all get in the van and go to our homes."I said, trying my best to show that I wasn't angry. Angry that we lost, angry that Emaku got his way again despite the fact I hurt him so badly that he couldn't walk and angry that people were still caring at this point about my tail. I could feel the anger at the pit of my stomach but I wasn't going to explode. Yet.

"Roxy, we didn't lose completely." Henry said as he tried to grab for my hand but I stepped back.

"We didn't lose?" I gave him a death glare but he didn't seem bothered by it.

"Yeah because I took this from Bianca." He held out the other half of the snake bracelet. From there all my anger disappeared.

"How, how did you do that? Where was she wearing it? You're amazing." I told him as I hugged him and took it from him.

"We helped." Jasper said and pouted. I rolled my eyes. I took the first half from my arm, the one with the head and connected it with the second half.  It quickly binded and when I put it on my arm it disappeared into my skin, making it look like a tattoo on my whole arm.

"Can you remove that?" Ray asked as they all looked at it. I started by recognizing the end of the snake which was on my shoulder and passed my first two fingers on it, pressing on the snake. When I reached the head, it materialized. After the gawking we entered the van and I sat with Charlotte.