Chapter 50: It all ends here

I closed my eyes as I got ready for the full blown pain I was going to feel when I landed on the ground. I hit the ground and heard my arm twist and I tried my best not to scream as I put it back. It was so obvious. I was going to lose, to die.

I couldn't look over to my friends to see their worried faces. What Emaku said was true, they were going to watch me die. He was too strong and I had tried my best. But then I remembered there was something I hadn't done. The same fighting move that I did weeks ago that successfully helped me break this monster's back.

I ran then jumped making sure I aimed for the face and scratched his eyes out with my claws. I wrapped my legs around his neck, squeezed and pulled him down, slamming him on the ground. I was exhausted but I carried Emaku, blood trying to mess with my eyesight as it rolled down from my head. I pushed him off the edge of the crater that looked like a fifty feet fall.

I could hear my friends cheer in a distance. I had defeated Emaku for good and I started to smile but it all ended when my ankle was grabbed and I was thrown into the crater but I quickly held onto Emaku's legs. He tried to kick me as I heard a fight break out and I knew those guys were trying to not let my friends near me. I inserted my claws into him as I climbed up him. I could feel myself getting light headed from the lack of blood but I continued to hold on.

With final strength, I pushed Emaku away from me as I grabbed onto the rocky ledge but Emaku held onto me. "If I die, we die together." It wasn't long before Henry ran to me and I closed my eyes, trying to endure the pain of the rock entering into my fingers piercing into my skin. It wouldn't be long before I gave up and let go.

Henry looked at me frantically and asked, "What do I do?"

"What do you mean?" I asked. Instead of all this pain, I should just die. There was no way Henry could lift both of us. I could feel Emaku sinking his claws into my legs. I screamed.

"How do I help you? Do I need to get some rope or something of the sort?" I looked up to him as he knelt down, running his fingers through his hair. I didn't want my last memories of him to see him worried about me.

"You can't help me. " I whispered. "Emaku is grabbing my legs, pulling me down."

"You can't die." Henry said hysterically. I had never seen him talk like this, I had never seen him look so worried. It hurt me. "I don't care what you have to do, you.... can't die!"

"I have to make sure Emaku is dead. What's the use of me living when Emaku will still be alive?" My words seem to hurt Henry more. I could feel my grip almost slipping.

"You can't leave us, leave me. I will pull you up just....... stay there. I'll go call Captain Man......" It was breaking my heart to see Henry like this, that I was causing him this pain to see me die. He kept on screaming for Ray but we both knew he wouldn't come. I could hear his hard breathing as he fought hard not to look at me.I was getting dizzy and I could not see clearly.

"Kid Danger!" I called him. He didn't listen." Kid Danger! Henry!" I screamed the best I could. He looked up at me. It was time, time for me to leave.

"I'll always be with you." I told him. I couldn't bring myself to tell him goodbye. I let myself go and I felt myself fall as I saw Henry's face get smaller and smaller as I started to lose conscious.

A couple of thoughts ran through my head as we fell. I defeated Emaku. The people of Swellview would be okay. My friends would be alright, and I hope they'll be okay without me.

Henry's POV

I haven't written Henry's point of view in a long time. I know I'm not perfect in writing a boy's point of view but oh well. The story must go on.