Chapter 37: Repeating History

I stayed put ,too scared to open my eyes. I smelt the sweet air of nature and felt the grass and twigs on the ground. I knew where I was. I slowly opened my eyes to see the tall trees around. No, I told myself, not this again. My eyes were sore from crying. I knew I had succumbed to the grief and sorrow again. Why was I here? Why couldn't it leave me alone?

" It was you. You killed him." Helaki's dad told me.

"No, no I didn't. Please stop lying to me." I screamed as tears fell again, stinging my eyes once more.

" I'm so sorry Roxy." Helaki came as she knelt down beside me and hugged me.

"I'm sorry too, tiger princess. There is one thing you must know; the tiger is a selfish being."

" What is that supposed to mean?" I asked as I rubbed tears from my tired and sore eyes.

" The tiger only likes to be the first priority. It does not like sharing, meaning if you care about someone more than it, it will find a way to kill  the person."

"But why?" I asked pulling my knees to my chest.

" It will think you do not care about it anymore. The tiger is a gift, tiger princess, but also a curse."

"Then I don't want it anymore!" I screamed as I closed my eyes shut trying my best to get away from here. This wasn't real. I knew it wasn't. It was just a dream.

"Do you know that's what everyone says when they're in a nightmare." I looked up to the voice to find me, but tiger me, almost fully transformed with glowing green eyes and a rough face. A nose with whiskers and huge carnivorous teeth. I looked scary. It was another reason why people respected me. But there was only one person who wasn't scared....." That's why I don't like him."

"What does that mean?"

"He isn't scared of me, scared of us. Everyone is scared of you, Roxy, even your own parents. Isn't that the reason they sent you here?"

"No it isn't." I said quietly knowing it was quite true." Who are you?"

"Oh me." She said turning around then looking at me. She had a tail that swished around." I'm you. Okay well at least tiger you." I let this information sink in. That meant I was the girl me, the scared and frightened me." As the elder said, I'm a selfish being. I didn't like Mark so I killed him." Then Henry appeared besides her looking at me with fear." I'll kill him too." She then bit his neck and I screamed, tears flooding my eyes. When I opened my eyes, I was in our bedroom. Charlotte came out running out of the bathroom.

"Roxy!" She had a towel on, obviously about to shower. I didn't think twice. I got out of bed and jumped through the open window and ran." Roxy come back here!" I heard Charlotte shout, but I was already out of the neighborhood.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
I dragged my legs to school. My aunt was angry that I went for a late morning run. I also came back muddy making matters worse. I only had a few minutes for class to start but I stayed outside waiting for Henry to get out of his locker. I had avoided him for two days straight since we kissed and I was going to continue till..... I'm guessing forever. My top priority was not to kill him, unconscious or conscious.

"Roxy where have you been?" Charlotte shouted as she got out of the school and grabbed my hand." You ran away six twenty in the morning after you screamed. What is going on with you?" As we entered the school, I could feel Henry's gaze on me but  ignored him." What are you wearing? What is this?" She asked as she touched my unwashed, curly kinky hair that I had not quite managed. " What is wrong with you lately ? Like........"