File in her phone

Alexa POV

I woke up and feel energized after a long rest. I don't have the "panda eyes" anymore which was great. Today, I have to get back to work as a bodyguard. I've been gone too long that I started to miss her annoying ass. She had so many questions and never stopped whining unless she get what she want. It's kind of annoying but somehow I found it cute. Of course she is, she is a model, a famous model after all.

There must be a long queue of people just to date her but she refused to do so. And I'm weirdly relieved. I mean at least I don't have to be the third wheels or tailing them dating. It'll be annoying, if you know what I mean.

I washed myself and make myself a breakfast. I poured a milk into my favorite mug, sat on the couch that placed at the balcony and turned on Demi Lovato tracks.

I glanced at my piano, it's been a long time that I didn't play a piano but I always make sure that my piano still look gorgeous and blinking like a new even though it's old. Almost as old as me.

I started to play piano since I was three. I'm not that good but I had a few certificates.

I finished up my breakfast and washed the dishes. I used my boots and grabbed my Ducati helmet.

I consider that Paige won't go anywhere today.

I shut my apartment door, press the elevator button and I ride my bike to the mansion. Out of nowhere, my heart beats fast just like the very first day I went to Mr. Sinclair's mansion. I don't know why but the thoughts of Paige still mad has been disturbing me.

I parked my bike and greeted Mr. Sinclair. We had a small talked before he excuses himself. I make my way to the library.

I remembered that I did a few researched about the recently cases and texted my assistant to gave me the files as soon as possible.

After a moment, Mr. Sinclair called me to go to his office. He wanted to discussed something regarding to the cases. I left my phone and my bike keys on the table. Consider it'd be safe there. I rushed to Mr. Sinclair's office. He totally worried after knowing that Paige hanging out with David.

Paige POV

I peeked at my balcony and saw that it was Alexa. Her bike make an obvious noise that you can hear it from 100 metres. I wonder how it feels like to ride a big bike though. I never ride that thing. It honestly seems scary. But when she ride that bike, it's kinda hot....and fun.

I started to panicking when I remembered that I should apologize to her. I stood in front of the mirror and started to praticing myself. Again...

"Alexa. I'm...I'm"

"Alexa, I'm sorry I snapped at you......Duhhh!"

I took a deep breath before continued.

"Okay. Alexa, I'm sorry. I'm such a fool the other day"

No no no. I shouldn't said that kind of words. I shook my head repeatedly. My palms started to sweating.

"Alexa? I'm so sorry I didn't mean to yelled at you. You know I can be pain in the ass sometimes"

Ugh... Screw it. I slumped myself at my bed. I made mistakes, I act too harshly towards her and I don't want to lose her trust. I want to talk to her and to be her friend because somehow, not talking to her in a day makes me feel incomplete.

I stood up and fixed my messy hair. I brushed my wrinkled cloths and fixed my posture. I need to look confident. I walked to the library because I knew that she probably there, sticking her nose to some odd books. I called its odd because I've never noticed any books that she read before. Don't blame me though.

I bring along the Medicals and Techniques book with me. That's the only way to get her to talked to me, I hope.

I took a deep breath and punched the door passcode. I cocked my head, expecting to see her sitting there but all I saw was only her bike keys and her phone on the table.

She probably went to the toilet or something. I think. So I sat at my normal seat, which is just across to her. I opened my books and started to read one or two while waiting for her.

Thirty minutes later....

I waited and waited but she's still not here. So I stood up, decided to look for her, maybe she's at the garden.

Suddenly, I heard a notifications from her phone. I ignored it but the notifications said 'Urgent! Urgent!'

I started to wonder what was the notifications about. So I reached for her phone and tap at the recent notification. To my surprise, her phone didn't need any pin or lock.

I read the notifications titled "Murderer Cases and Files".
So I tap the file to opened it.

MURDER INFO
NAME : David Elijah Lee
AGE : 24 years old
FAMILY NAME : Lee
CRIME SCENE : China

My mouth wide opened, disbelief. I scrolled down and there was a few images of him. I started to shaking but kept scrolling.

VICTIMS INFO.

Was all I can see before I quickly put the phone back with the exact same position when I heard someone entered the door passcode. I quickly sat at my place and pretending to read the book.

She came in and surprised to see that I'm already here. She walked to the table and grabbed her keys and phone. She turned away to walked to the door.

"Where are you going?"I asked her.

She stopped at her tracks before turned her face to me.

"Um, I'm sorry. I have an urgent things that I need to do," she excused herself and walked away.

I sat there as I tried to processing what I just saw and read.

David really killed people.....I'm shaking in fear.

How....how can be became a murder? He was so nice with me. How many people did he killed? And why? Were that the reasons why he stayed in China for years?

Without realising it, my eyes started to watery.

I just can't believe it. So Alexa was true. And I snapped at her, mad at her for badmouthing him.

I defend a murder.

I'm so screwed up.