Library

Paige POV

I knew today will be a long day. But at least I could talk to Alexa. Honestly, I'm so curious about her. Like where did she learn how to fight, how did her wound, where she was raised. I know it might sounded a little nosy, but I just wanted to get to know her more.

She has this beautiful and very rare eyes, blue green. I guess I never found one before. When the morning sun hits her face, its clearly showing her perfect face, flawless skin, her eyebrow was thick and neat, perfect soft and sexy lips. To sum up, she is really beautiful and hot. How can someone so hot became my bodyguard?

My daydreaming was interrupted by Aunty Rose. She knocked my door and told me that lunch was ready. So i walked downstairs and to the dine room. It's so strange because I usually lunch with my dad. After thinking awhile, I came up with an idea.
"Where was Alexa? I mean the new bodyguard", I asked Aunty Rose.

"She's outside with Marcus,'  Aunty Rose replied.

"Uhm, have she eaten?"

"I believe not yet, miss."

"Great. Then help me to call her," I instructed.

"Sure," Aunty Rose walked away to call Alexa.

A few minutes after that, I saw a figure standing at the hallway and I know it was Alexa.
"Well, I called you because I want you to eat with me, not because I want you to watch me eat," I smirked.

"Eat with you? Aren't staffs allowed to eat only after the owner eat?" she said curiously.

"Since my dad isn't here, so I make the rule. And I'm pretty sure dad won't mind," I said.
"Come here and eat with me," I offered.

She slowly approached and politely pulls the chair from under the table. I watched her as she tried to not make any loud noises. How cute. I wonder when will her beautiful face break into a smile.

"Thank you for inviting me," she said as she catches me staring at her.

"No problem. Enjoy your meal," I said and bowed down as my face started to redden.

"You doing anything after this?" I said to her when we both done eating our meal.

"I think I'll go to the library that Mr. Sinclair's mentioned earlier," she said firmly.

Dork huh? I think to myself.

"Great. Can I join? Since I have nothing to do,' I asked.

She raised her eyebrow before replied "Sure. It's your house after all."

Oh great. It's my house. How ashamed. I took a deep breath and smiled at her to hid away my shamed.

On our way to the library, I saw that she glanced at our family photo. Before she could reached my baby photo, I quickly covered my picture. She stares at me shocked but she quickly regained her normal expression.

"It's not like I never seen that one," she exclaims.

"What?" my eyes widened.

"I mean I saw that yesterday. When I'm on my way heading down the stairs," she admitted.

"Ugh. My dad shouldn't hanging it there," I put my hands on my forehead.

"Don't worry. It's cute," she said while looking somewhere else.

I turned my face towards her to checked if she's smiling or not, but she didn't. But I was glad that she told me that I'm cute. Well, she mentioned about my baby picture, but that's still me, wasn't it?

"T-thank you," I stuttered.
"Enough with my cute baby picture, let's head to the library," I grinned to her while hiding my blushing cheeks.

"Anyway, did he tell you the passcode though?" I turned to her after we reached the second floor.

"Passcode?" she raised her eyebrow.

"Yeap. The library door needs passcode."

"He---,"she stuttered to find a words.

"I guess he didn't. But don't worry. I gotcha," I winked.

I punched the passcode and the door swung open.

"Thank me later," I smiled.

"This place... neat and tidy," she asked and glancing around. I can sense that she like this place.

"Thank you," I grinned.

"You're the one who cleaned this room?" she asked.

"Mhmm."

"Oh.. Did you read all the books in here?" she asked while her hands touched the books.

"Just half of them. Anyway, what type of books do you like?" I questioned.

"All. What about you?"

"I'm more into facts about nature. Like flowers, animals and novel from all kind of genres," I smiled.

"Oh.....No wonder," she muttered under her breath but I can hear it clearly.

I walked to the bookshelf near the window to look for my favorite book. I looked for it everywhere and tried to remember where did I put it. I spotted that it placed at the higher rack. I cursed myself why did I put the book out of my reach. I'm struggling to reached the book. I tip toeing and tried to make a lowest noise so that Alexa will not noticed.

Finally, I managed to pull the edge of the book. Just a little bit more and POP! I waited for the book to landed on my face but I feel a warmth surrounded me instead. I opened my eyes only to find that Alexa hugged me whilst her other hand holding my favorite book.

I can't deny that she was higher than me. She's around 5'9 meanwhile I'm just 5'6. She smells so great, vanilla scent and one more thing, she is warm.

After realized that she hugged me, she quickly broke the hugs and I missed her warmth.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah. I'm good."

"You should have just call me you know," she replied.

"I almost reached that," I pouted my mouth.

"Almost...." she muttered under her breath.

She browsed the book and spoke "Yin and Yang?"

"Yeap. It's my favorite," I smiled.

She studied the symbol before she spoke.

"In Ancient Chinese philosophy, Yin and Yang is a concept of dualism, describing how seemingly opposite or contrary forces may actually be complementary, interconnected and interdependent in the natural world and how they may give rise to each other as the interrelate to one another," she explained directly.

I am pretty surprised that she know a lot about the symbol and didn't realize that I'm staring at her with mouth wide opened.

"You can closed you mouth now," she said and turned away her face.

"I guess you are real multiple reader and real dork huh?" I teased.

"You said it was your favorite, so can I borrow it?" she stared at me straight in the eyes.

"S-sure!" was all I can say.

"Thanks."

**to be continued....