Chapter 25 (finale)

It's been a few years later and Glados is barely at the facility anymore. Yes, she still goes there to work sometimes but mostly, she is at home with Chell, hanging out with her. 

       Currently, Glados was sitting on the couch, watching TV. She had her hair down and a light blue dress on. That is what she usually wears now. For work, she just has some cheap shirts that she cut holes into the back to plug herself in. Her suit and all of her old things are stored away in a box down in the basement. 

       She was just waiting for Chell to get dressed so that they can go to the facility together, to sit on the roof and watch the sunset once again. Chell was dressed and ready, but she was stalling for a little bit, thinking. She had a small box in her hand that she was looking down at. Today would be the day that she asks Glados to marry her. She was nervous but she calmed herself down, taking a deep breath and telling herself that it will turn out fine. She put the box into her pocket, making sure that it wasn't too obvious.

       Chell stood up and walked in to see Glados sitting there on the couch. As soon as she came in the room, Glados noticed her and smiled, standing up to walk over by her. 

       Glados gave her a quick little kiss and hugged her before letting go and looking up at her. "You ready?"

       Chell nodded and smiled back at her as they both walked out the door, to the wheat field. Chell couldn't help but stare at her as they walked; she was beautiful. To her, no sight could be more pretty than this. Glados looked happy and excited just as she used to when they were kids. She was finally herself after such a long time. It made Chell happy to see her like this; she truly deserves this. 

       Glados held her hand and gently swung her arm as they made their way to the facility. She was humming a little bit as they reached it and walked inside.

       Once they got in and made their way further, they eventually ran into Wheatley and Doug. 

       "Oh! 'Ello there! It's been a while hasn't it? How have you two been?" Wheatley asked them. Doug waved to them from behind. 

       "We've been pretty good! I guess it has been a while, huh? What have you two been up to?" Glados asked

       "Not very much. Me and Doug have just been painting and talking about stuff." 

       "Huh. Maybe we could join you guys sometime and we could all paint together?" She suggested.

       Wheatley smiled more and nodded. "Ooh, that sounds like a good idea! We could all go do that now if you'd like?"

       "Me and Chell were going to go down to old Aperture to look around today. Maybe tomorrow."

       Wheatley nodded. "That works too! Well, I won't keep you for long then! We'll see you guys later!" He waved as he walked past them, Doug following behind him after also saying bye. 

       Chell held her hand again as they made their way down to the old parts where they used to hang out when they were children. They got down to her father's old office and looked around there. "I remember this was the place we made those drawings at." She walked over to the bookshelf and ran her fingers against the covers of them, reading the titles and recognizing them. Everything stayed the same. 

       Chell just smiled and looked around as well, walking over to Cave's old desk. All the papers still stayed the same. She could recognize this place just like before when they were little. Chell looked back at her pocket that the ring was in, knowing that every second going by meant that it was getting closer to asking her. She smiled a little bit and looked back at Glados, who was currently reading a little bit of a book she found. 

       Chell smiled at her and looked around some more. She saw Cave's old record player and found some records right next to it. She walked over to it and put one of them in, walking over to Glados and taking her hand. "Wanna dance?"

       Glados laughed a little and nodded. "Sure." 

       So they did. Chell had an arm wrapped around her waist and the other one holding her hand. Glados rested her head on one of her shoulders as she put one of her hands on the opposite one. She closed her eyes and felt safe in her arms. Chell was already imagining what their first dance together would be like. She sighed slightly and smiled, closing her eyes as she rested her head on top of Glados'. Once the song stopped, Glados kissed her and hugged her again before checking the time. "The sunset is going to start soon. We should go up there."

       Chell nodded as Glados took her hand and walked her up to the roof. Once they were there, Glados sat down. Now Chell started to get a little nervous. She took a breath and sat down next to her, watching the sunset.

       "I remember coming up here every night when we were kids. We watched as many sunsets as we could."

       Chell smiled and looked at her. "Yeah. That was always fun, especially with you." As Chell looked at her, she knew that this was the woman that she wanted to spend her life with, which was literally forever. She looked at the sunset a little bit more, getting herself ready before standing back up behind her. "Glados?"

       Glados turned around and stood up too. "Yeah?" 

       Chell held her hands and took another breath, calming herself down as much as she could. "You are the most beautiful, talented, and amazing person I have ever met. You are everything to me. Without you, I would probably not be the person I am today. Now I know that I don't want anything to change. We've both helped each other through thick and thin. You mean so much to me and I wouldn't trade you for the world. So, with that said, Glados Johnson..." Chell bent down on one knee and pulled out the box, still holding one of Glados' hands. Glados got tears in her eyes and covered her mouth with her other hand. "Will you marry me?"

      Glados was shocked; She was extremely happy. She was trying to respond but all that came out were happy cries. So instead, she nodded her head. Finally, she was able to say something. "Of course!" 

       Chell got up and hugged onto her, tears forming in her eyes as well. She was overwhelmed with happiness. They stopped hugging for a second and kissed, returning to the hug immediately after. 

       Once they calmed down a little bit, Chell put the ring on Glados' finger on her left hand. Glados looked at it, then back at Chell. They hugged once more and talked to each other. 

       After a while, they sat back down, now looking at the sky filled with stars. Glados rested her head onto Chell's shoulder and smiled. It was crazy to her that she was now her fiancee and not just her girlfriend anymore. She closed her eyes. She was safe now and nothing could change that anymore.

       "I love you." Glados said, looking at Chell now.

       "I love you too." Chell kissed her again and put her head on top of Glados', who was resting on her shoulder once more.

       This wasn't the end. It was the start of a new beginning. Together.

       💙The end💛