Chapter 1

The year is 1987. Glados and Chell are 5 years old. Chell has just moved to Michigan from Arizona because of her father's job here at Aperture Science. She did not really understand why they had to move, but she was excited to meet new friends. Chell was the type of kid that made friends easily and wasn't afraid to introduce herself. Glados on the other hand had trouble making friends and was really shy towards new people. She does not have friends at the moment because of how shy she is. When she met Chell though, all of that changed.
       Chell and her parents have finally gotten to Aperture now and they walk inside. They are greeted by Cave, Caroline, and Glados. Glados was hiding behind her mother's legs, looking at Chell. While Chell's parents talked to Glados', Chell made her way towards Glados and introduced herself.

        "Hello! My name is Chell. What's yours?" Chell says, holding out her hand to shake.
        "G-Glados." She says shyly, grabbing her hand and shaking it.
        "That's a nice name!"
        "Thank you. Where did you move from? If you don't mind me asking that is."
        "Oh, I'm from Illinois! Chicago, Illinois." Chell noticed that Glados seemed a little nervous,"are you ok?"
        "Yeah I'm fine. I'm just really shy in front of new people."
        "Do you want to be friends?"
        "S-sure! Yeah, I'd like that!" Glados said excitedly.
        Just then, Cave told her parents that he will show them where they work at.
         "Come on you two! This way." Caroline, Glados' mom, said.
         "Ok coming!" They proceeded to follow her while talking together.

         Caroline took them into Cave's office so that they wouldn't be bored standing there, waiting for their parents to stop talking. Chell started looking around at the pictures on the walls, the trophies on the shelves, and the books on the book shelf. Some of these things were cool. The family portrait of Caroline, Cave, and Glados then caught her attention.

          "Your dad is the boss of this place? That's so cool!"
          "Yeah. He owns this place as well!" Glados said, starting to be less shy around Chell,"Oh and by the way, be careful not to break anything or touch anything that you think you shouldn't touch. My dad doesn't like people messing with his things."
          "Will he get mad?"
          "No not really. He just wants to make sure nothing breaks."
          "Okay." Chell was running out of things to say or do. She then thought of an activity they could do together. "I have an idea of what we could do to be less bored! We could draw or tell stories to each other. Or we could just keep talking."
         "Drawing sounds fun." Glados stood up and headed to the printer in the room to grab some sheets of paper from there. She then walked over to the desk and got some crayons and two books so that they would have a hard surface to draw on. She sat back down next to Chell and they both started to draw.

          Glados was drawing a picture for Chell and Chell was doing the same. Glados was drawing a field with deer and trees and the sun. Chell was drawing a picture of both of them with the words "best friends forever" on the top and their names on the bottom.
         They both finished their drawings and gave them to each other.

         "I like your picture Glados! Deer are actually my favorite animals!" Chell said with a big smile on her face.
         "I like yours too! It's sweet and nice! Thank you!"
         "Who are your other friend's names?"
Chell asked.
         "Other friends?" Glados said, looking away,"your actually my first friend."
         "Oh really? I'm sorry I asked that. It wasn't that kind of me, was it?"
         "It's ok! At least now I have a friend." She smiled and gave Chell a hug.
         Chell smiled as well and hugged her back,"Awe! Glados!"
         They drew a little bit more until their parents came in.
         "Come on hunny, It's time to go home now." Chell's mom, Alissa, says.
         "It was nice to meet you Cave!" Chell's father, Carlos, said.
         "I'll see you later Glados!"
         "You too Chell!" Glados and Chell hugged each other one more time before heading out the door.

          Chell got into her mother and father's car and told her parents about her new friend Glados. They were happy for Chell that she made a new friend that quickly. "That's great dear! Maybe we could have her over for a playdate sometime!"
         "Really?!"
         "We would just need to ask her parents if that is alright with them."
         "Okay!"
         Glados did the same, telling her parents how she finally has a friend.
         "Good job Glados! I'm proud of you!" Caroline said, giving Glados a hug.
         "Yep! I knew you would make friends at some point." Cave says.
         "Oh, she also made me this picture!" Glados showed them the picture.
         "Awww! That was very nice of her!"

         Glados yawned, clearly tired from the big day they had today. Her mom and dad took her to her little room she has at Aperture because it is only sometimes that they stay there for a few days. Most of the times she goes home. Anyways, Caroline and Cave tucked her in, gave her a kiss on the forehead and a hug, and turned on her nightlight. "Goodnight. We love you!" They said as they turned the overhead light off and closed the door. Glados soon fell asleep with the picture Chell made in her hand. Another day done.

/// Sorry that this first chapter is a bit short, but hey, I got the book started! There will be more to it later on! ///