Chapter 2: school day

Chloe P.O:

I walked into the classroom and saw Marinette talking to the ponytail girl that sat next to her. I rolled my eyes and sat down at my desk.

I didn't feel like saying anything mean to her today, so I just walked on by. Just then Adrien came in the classroom.

"Adrikins." I said, hugging him.

"Oh, hi Chloe." He said back. Something about the way he said it made me think. I was interrupted by Miss Bustier walking in the classroom.

"Alright, let's get started." She said, smiling at everyone. "First, rollcall."

She took out the roll call paper and started naming some students.

"Adrien Agreste."

"Here." He said, holding up his hand.

"Chloe Bourgeois."

I raised my hand up. "Here."

This went on for a while. I looked over at Adrien and noticed that he was talking to the guy next to him. I didn't really get the chance to know this person, but he hung out with Marinette.  Which is all I need to know.

Miss Bustier was done with roll call and started the lesson for the day. And of course it was on a stupid thing.

True love

"Now, can anyone tell me about Romeo and Juliet?" She asked.

A girl with blonde hair and blue eyes raised her hand. She looked so excited to answer the question.

"Yes, Rose?" The teacher asked.

"Romeo and Juliet is a story about two lovers whose parents were enemies with each other. The two young lovers were forbidden to be together, but their love was so true that they would rather die then spend another day without each other."

Rose was actually kinda smart, well, when it comes down to "true love" and that kind of stuff.

Miss Bustier seemed to like the answer. "Very good, Rose. But I think you're getting a head about everyone. We're still talking about how they would run away together. But I like your attitude towards this story."

I rolled my eyes. What a load of bull sh-.

"Chloe," I looked up to see Miss Bustier standing in front of me. "Would you like to say something about this story?"

Did she hear me? I shook it off and just shrugged. "Two young people fell in love, the parents didn't approve, they run away, come back, die. Not much to talk about."

She didn't seem to like that answer. "Do you think what they did was a good thing?" She asked me.

"Good? They both died. How is that any good?" I asked her.

"But it's so they can be together." Marinette said.

I closed my eyes and leaned back in my seat. "Yeah, they are together... in heaven." I said.

Miss Bustier stopped us. "Girls, please. This story has a good lesson in it." She said.

"Yeah, like don't fall in love." I mumbled to myself.

Miss Bustier must have heard me, but shrugged it off and continued her class.

After class

"Dont forget to do your homework." She told everyone, before we left.

Me and Sabrina walked to our lockers and talked for a while.

"Why did you say that? You might get in trouble." She said to me.

I put up one of my books and grabbed my science book. "I'd like to see them try." I said, smirking.

Everyone here was afraid of my dad, because he was the mayor. I looked at Sabrina. "Come on, let's go before we're late."

Sabrina nodded and we walked into the science lab. Ms. Mendeleiev was in there already. Once the class started she told everyone to sit down.

After taking rollcall, she began her lesson for the day. Today's lesson was...

Lab reports and evaluating results

Sounds boring, I know, but I had no other choice. I sat there and just did nothing. Sabrina was busy taking notes about everything.

"...and that's what a conclusion is. A conclusion is ofte- Chloe are you listening?" She asked me.

I looked her in the eyes. "Yes, every last word." I replied.

"Oh, really? Then what did I just say?" She asked, questioning me.

I rolled my eyes. "You were taking about what a conclusion is."

She nodded. "And what is a conclusion?"

I looked over at Sabrina's notes and looked back at the teacher. "A summary of what you learned from the experience."

Her eyes widened a little bit. "That's correct." She then walked away. Probably in shock that I said all that.

After science class, I was putting my books in my bag. Marinette and the ponytail girl were whispering something. Probably saying that I "cheated" by reading Sabrina's notes.

I walked past them and went to my locker. Sabrina was behind me. "You read my notes again, didn't you?" She asked.

"Of course I did. What else was I supposed to do?" I asked her.

Sabrina just smiled. "It's okay."

We then went to the courtyard. We were playing dodgeball. I hated playing that game. Sabrina and I told the teacher if we could sit the game out. Which they agreed to.

Me and Sabrina were talking about the movie premiere today. "You're so lucky, Chloe. I wish I could go too. I've been waiting to see this movie." She said.

"Sorry Sabrina, I'll try to get you a ticket if I can." I said.

"Really? You too kind. Thank you, Chloe." She said, hugging me.

After P.E., we had lunch. Me, I had a home made meal. Made from scratch and all my favorites. I let Sabrina have some of my lunch.

She, on the other hand, had a sandwich and some chips. She got some juice from the cafeteria shop. The only thing her lunch had that was better than mine was that her lunch was made by her loving father. Not mine.

I always wondered what it would taste like... a meal your parents made for you.

The school bell rang, which meant that school was over. Jean will be here any second to pick me up. I'll ask if Sabrina can come too.

I saw him drive up to the school. "Chloe,  let's get going. You don't want to be late, now do you?" He asked me, opening the door for me.

"Wait, can Sabrina come with me this time?" I asked him.

"Sorry, only invited people. No 'plus one' for this one Chloe. I'm sorry." He said.

I was getting angry, but Sabrina grabbed my shoulder. I turned around and saw her face. She was smiling.

"Dont worry, Chloe. I'll be fine. I'll just wait like everyone else."

I nodded and got in the car. Jean pulled away from the school. I saw Sabrina waving bye to me.

"Are you okay, Chloe?" Jean asked.

I looked at my hands. "How much longer?" I asked.

"The movie theater is just up head." He said.

"That's not what I meant." I whispered to myself.