Chapter 12

Mother left and never came back. Most days she'd go and come back. This time, she left for a whole year. Father didn't like to talk about it, and always went to the rooftop. I don't know what he does up there, but he stays up there for a long time.

Adrien apologize about my parents finding out about the play dates, but I waved it away. It's been over a month since then, and I miss her more and more.

Emily also apologized. But I don't blame either of them. My question is why I couldn't be around Mari.

"Can you tell me more?" Adrien asked.

"About Mari?"

He nodded.

I smiled, thinking about her. "Her hair is always in pigtails. When she bakes, she always has something on her face. Which I help her clean up. She hums a lot, and when she's really focused on something she sticks her tongue out, like this."

I stuck out my tongue to show him how she does it. It was the cutest habit she had. I blushed at the thought.

"Do you love her?" He asked.

"Of course. She's my best friend. "

"But I thought I was your best friend." He said, sadly.

"Nonono, you're my best guy friend. She's my best best friend. Besides, we've known each other longer."

He nodded. "So you only love her as a friend?"

"Yes, why?"

"Nothing more?"

"Why are you asking this?" I asked.

He went to his backpack and pulled out a book about fairytale. I've read all of the fairytale.

"The beast and Bell were friends, until they feel in love. And lived happily ever after. "

"So?" I asked.

He flipped though some pages. "Jasmine was a princess who fell in love with a street rat."

"Your point?" I asked.

He flipped a couple more pages. "Ariel fell in love with a human, someone who her father told her never to be with. But she loved him too much, that she risked her life to be with him."

"Adrien, I know the stories. What's your point?" I asked, getting a little mad he won't get to the point.

He closes the book and puts it aside. "You and Mari are friends, like Bell and the Beast. She's a "baker's daughter " while you are a "princess ". You're father won't let you go near her, like Ariel's father wouldn't let her go near the human."

"Adrien, the point?"

"The point is, I don't think she's "just a friend" to you. I think she's more."

"Like what?" I asked him.

"Chloe, I think you fell in love with her."